Suggest me a good weight training DVD

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer is excellent.

30 Minutes to Fitness is a whole series of DVDs. These 2 are strictly strength training: 30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition
    and 30 Minutes to Fitness: Weights. Each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts & lots of premixes to keep it fresh

Look for video clips and reviews at collagevide.com or totalfitnessdvds.com
  • catlady100
    Options
    I recommend Kelley Coffey-Meyer as well. I have her "Split Sessions" dvd. I also like Supreme 90 - got it for $14.99 off Amazon.com (not to be confused with Power 90 or p90x which are beachbody products and cost more)
  • catlady100
    Options
    I'm thinking about Supreme 90 and it did have some jumping. So I'll withdraw my recommendation of that for you.

I still recommend Kelley's Split Sessions. Also, take a look at her other ST dvds on Collagevideo. . I also have Gin Miller's Seriously Strong. That is a good dvd and I don't believe that there's any jumping in that dvd.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    No more Trouble Zone users: This JM has no jumping jacks and such? I like her style and I actually like the circuit style , and more weights would be welcomed too. My only concern with her is the knee thing.

No, there might be a bit in the warm-up (can't quite remember), but it isn't circuits that alternate weights with cardio - it's just weights and abs/resistance. It's good.

^^^^This:bigsmile: Love this workout and I tell you that is works all your body from top to bottom. Plus it is affordable:bigsmile:
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    After the suggestions I started the No more Trouble Zones DV and I love it. It was the second time today , and it is a great all over workout for sure.
    I ended up skipping exercise for 2 weeks, and my knees almost went back to normal , but not perfectly yet. I really hope this workout will agree with my knees and I can keep to working out .
  • Innae
    Innae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question - - because I want to start weight training (and I don't want to go to the gym either) so it was great to have all the answers here!! I am going to try No More Trouble Zones too.

Thanks again everyone!!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question - - because I want to start weight training (and I don't want to go to the gym either) so it was great to have all the answers here!! I am going to try No More Trouble Zones too.

Thanks again everyone!!
    You won't regret it! At the end, it help me get out of my 7 weeks plateau and I became so much stronger. I did it for almost 3 months 2-3 times a week, and my strength is not even comparable . I have recently moved on to P90X , which I could not have done if I didn't do NMTZ before.
  • Luthorcrow
    Options
    In my view the only thing a DVD is good for is perfecting form. If you are looking for a program, pick up the book "New Rules for Lifting for Women" as a starting point. As for the best weight lifting video for form, nothing beats Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training". The video breaks down the most important basic five exercises into their components and they demonstrate with various men and women of varying ages, body types and levels of fitness to really help show what the same movement looks like in in a wide variety.