muscle?

Options
I've always had a bit more muscle (especially on my legs) than an average person due to the fact I walk near enough everywhere I can, did ballet for 10 years and now I've been doing ice skating for nearly two years. But last week I joined a gym last week and I've been every day for half an hour. I'd go on the rowing machine and cross strainer mostly.
I'd say I've eaten quite well this week, probably the best I have in ages actually. Yet I seem to have gained 2lb :sad: My friends are telling me that it will be muscle that I've got form going to the gym. But can I really get that much, that quick?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    I've always had a bit more muscle (especially on my legs) than an average person due to the fact I walk near enough everywhere I can, did ballet for 10 years and now I've been doing ice skating for nearly two years. But last week I joined a gym last week and I've been every day for half an hour. I'd go on the rowing machine and cross strainer mostly.
    I'd say I've eaten quite well this week, probably the best I have in ages actually. Yet I seem to have gained 2lb :sad: My friends are telling me that it will be muscle that I've got form going to the gym. But can I really get that much, that quick?
    No............you should read this thread:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372233-gaining-muscle-is-not-that-easy
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    when you first start a new routine such as the gym its not uncommon, for me anyway, to go up a bit through recovery. Stick with it and it will come off and more, not all weight gains are bad.