Yoga question!

Hi all you yoga masters, I have a question as I'm just restarting into yoga and it's been about 11 years since I last did yoga, my issue is that when I get into certain poses eg: Chair pose I start getting muscle "shuddering" or shaking type issues, am I doing something wrong or is this just due to my lack of muscle work an it will improve with time?

Thanks

Replies

• Hi :)

I've practiced yoga for many years, my husband has been an instructor since the early 2000s, and we now own a yoga studio!

I would say that the shaking is 'normal' and will get better in time - especially in taxing poses like chair. Just remember to go your own pace and listen to your body. Your body should not be in pain during a pose - feel free to back off a bit if it is too intense. There is a lot of work to be done in any pose.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Happened to me in the first week of joining the gym, then never again. I think it was either in a yoga class or a body balance class if memory serves.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    shaking to me, is the muscles working to the max... nothing wrong with it if it doesn't cause pain.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Completely normal!

You will get stronger!

Keep at the yoga - it will do wonders for you
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Thanks so much! I found yoga amazing when I was pregnant with my twins and credit it with my pain free/ pain relief free birth, it's amazing for my anxiety issues and just helping me on a rest day, even with the shuddering I feel amazing afterwards especially with pranayama, good to know it will improve, I'll just keep working!
  • AnastasiaRad
    AnastasiaRad Posts: 7 Member
    I can only speak from personal experience, but I used to have that all the time, whenever I did that exercise where you sit with you back against the wall for 3 minutes, but as my muscles got stronger it went away. So good luck with the yoga program, I hope you will feel stronger soon!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Agreed. . shaking is perfectly normal until you gain muscle strength. . . but to assist with some of the poses since you have not done it in a while . . I would recommend getting yoga blocks if you don't already have them.