Is there a way to become addicted to water?

Options
Over the last few days, it's been difficult. My 'near' goal was a trip to NYC, which I just came back from. It was my birthday, and I've had a series of celebration and guests. I wasn't all that good... Since Sunday PM, they're all gone.

Any excuse seems good since then : I have a cold and cannot really work out too hard.

AND somehow, I feel hungry. Hungry, hungry and hungry. I'd eat an hippo. A full one with butter.

So I know. I'm addicted to food. Probably explains why I'm big. I'm probably also addicted to my Friday martini and my Sunday glass of wine with my girlfriends while watching silly dating show on tv.

So, I've been thinking, while I'm downing glass after glass of water to replace food, alcool and any emotional eating, is there a way I can develop an addiction to water? Pls tell me! It would be so much simpler!! ;-)

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hypnosis, maybe? It seems to be able to do some pretty wacky things.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about water but I have replaced my addiction of food with an addiction of exercise :)
  • UABUncleSam
    Options
    If you become addicted to water....let me know. I drink a lot of it in the course of a day, but I sure ain't addicted to it. I find myself several times a day saying "dave...pick up the water....now drink" Once you cut out all sodas, alcohol, crystal light and your only option is water; it becomes a hell of a lot easier to do the whole water thing. Let me know if you find a better way.
  • kailina
    kailina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    flavor the water with lemon. That seems to work for me.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I really cant recommend adding heroine to your water supply... so my answer has to be no.

That said, I agree with the above poster - the endorphins released by exercise are very addictive.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    add crystal light packets to your water?

i noticed that because I rarely drank water, when I did start drinking it, i was immediately thirsty after drinking a glass (I can drink 3 glasses at dinner time alone.) i'm constantly thirsty.

(I probably kept myself dehydrated from all the soda I consumed)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just Drink it... I know it sounds simple, but it will work. I only drink water during the day, coffee in the morning then I make the switch to Water and only water till dinner, a cup of milk with dinner sometimes only if I have had my 8 cups of water. I also like to have a drink once and a while so I have whiskey straight up and water. I drink about 10 cups or more a day I love water.
  • lourie_p
    Options
    Details...? ;)
    I knew a woman addicted to exercise and was receiving help for it. I know too much of anything is not good, but when I would talk to her I couldn't help thinking I'd take being addicted to exercise over being addicted to food and lounging any day! I can exercise, but feeling addIcted to it would make things easier! Same with water.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it but after three months of drinking 2.4L a day I feel the days I don't have water. I feel sluggish, I get headaches and TMI my urine is 'heavier' I can actually feel the difference when I'm not hydrated.

Just persevere. Ppl still don't believe I drink that much water (I used to drink 3-4L of Pepsi Max a day) but it makes me feel so much better!