New Senior Citizen here

I have had a weight problem for years, and need to have a structured plan to follow. The myfitnesspal.com plan seems ideal as it gives me a way to track everything that I stick into my mouth on my iPhone. Due to some physical problems my exercising will somewhat limited, so I will have to concentrate on diet.

Thank you so much for developing this website, Mike!

Laura

Replies

• Welcome old timer from this oldie but goodie! Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy. That is a big step! I am 61 and have lost 97 pounds to date. You CAN do it! Your ability to exercise will improve as the pounds come off. Diets don't work, but this lifestyle change is rewarding. Good luck, Laura.
  • SCVirginia
    SCVirginia Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome from another oldie but goodie! I'm 62 and have been trying to lose weight for years now. Up three down three!! Feel like a roller coaster. Joined this to see if it will help. I like what granngethealthy said about lifestyle changes vs dieting. That may be my problem. Sharon
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Welcome senior citizen..I am 65 and have been here since January, 2011. Lost 30 lbs here then summer came and gained a few. Now I have joined challenge till Christmas and have lost the few plus with that. I am able to exercise and find that I can do more with each lb lost. I have read that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise so if you can only move you legs or your arms or maybe lift a 2 pound dumbbell while sitting, you will find that correcting your eating habits will bring you some weight loss. Good luck, we are all here to help you. Friend me if I can help you.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    bumping back up to the top of the forums, so you can get some buddies to motivate you :)