2 lb a week is it possible for me? NOPE :(

Options
2»

Replies

• nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Bad advice, in order to lose your goal amount of weight you must eat them as MFP gives you a deficit assuming no exercise, so to ensure you have a safe deficit and to lose your goal amount of weight, not more or less, then you must eat them.

Ugh. Not necessarily.

If you want to lose weight you need to be in calorie deficit. Thus, assuming you're eating your base net calories, you should NOT be eating back ALL of your exercise calories. If you do, that's called MAINTENANCE.

Under the guidance of my nutritionist and trainer, I try to stay in a deficit of 500 calories to be on track to lose 2lbs a week. And it works and I'm healthy.

Remember that MFP puts in a deficit FOR you of 500 calories if you are set to 1 lb/week. You do not need to exercise in addition to get that deficit. So, eating back all of your exercise calories is NOT maintenance.

The one thing I do think is the case is that the calories listed for exercise can be inaccurate, so you might want to consider only eating back half to 3/4 of your exercise calories (or what I do is only LOG 2/3 of my exercise time). You can also get an HRM, which helps give you more accurate calorie results.