Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Weekend is nearing....

the weekend is nearing and that's when I seem to come across some of those bad habits. Including dare I say it friends that don't help the situation. Is there tips or advice anyone could give that can still help me enjoy my weekend but still stay on track to!
Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    You can do this...just remember why you started here, it is a decision you made for yourself to get fit and healthy :flowerforyou: You can still have a great weekend and stay within your goals! :)
  • amckenny
    amckenny Posts: 22 Member
    If you're like me, the bad habits (e.g., snacking constantly) kick in more when you're bored/not otherwise occupied. To kick that, I plan out my weekend ahead of time so that I'm either busy/active or not near food for the better part of the weekend.
  • Im in the same boat. Weekends are SO hard for me to stay on track. But this weekend i told myself is going to be the weekend that i actually stay on track. I am going to make myself get up on saturday and go to a zumba class in the morning before i leave to go shopping. Then i wont feel as bad if i stop at a fast foos place with the family, Im going to try to get into a regular thing of working out frist thing on weekends. Maybe you could try something like that with working out in the am :) Good luck with the weekend. You can do it :)
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    i've started making a trip to the gym mandatory on the weekend..maybe schedule (i.e. don't make any other plans on Saturday morning from 8-9 am or something - ever) a work out so you know you've got some extra calories to burn ..that is if you don't already go to the gym on the weekend - if you do, well, add another one lol!

also i carry around this plastic reusable cup and straw ( think starbucks cold drink cup but resusable) full of water and lemon when hanging out with my friends. My hands are busy, i can chew on the straw (which is rock solid) and no one "notices" i'm not eating.

hope this helps!
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Plan your meals in advance, even if they are a bit naughty (as long as your under your calories)

I usually go for a swim on a Saturday or Sunday to earn some extra calories for some treats :wink: xx
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Plan, plan, plan... Then stick to it. It might not be as fun, but giving up a few weekends of spontaneity and making a good life habit will win in the end. Then, in a few week(end)s, you'll have good habits, and won't have to be so strict with yourself.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 252 Member
    Weekends are so much harder with the family around. They're starting to understand that I can't eat like them and stay on this journey. One thing that did help last weekend was, I packed a lunch for us to bring to a sporting event that took all day instead of stopping at a fast food place.
  • jonesdy
    jonesdy Posts: 10
    I do pretty much what everyone else is saying... PLAN AHEAD, if at all possible. Plan fun activities, but try to stick healthy snacks in your purse or bag... If you want something sweet, go for the snack size or bite size portions. I make lots of cupcakes and muffins for my little guys, and I make the "mini" muffins... I can eat one or 2 and I don't feel deprived and I feel good that it's only a couple bites...

Remember why you are on this site, and keep that in the front of your mind... You will be fine.!! : )

Good Luck!!!
  • Jess05071981
    Jess05071981 Posts: 44 Member
    I would just try to stay as active and busy as possible. Try to avoid boredum. Also drink lots of water if you start to feel like snacking or just make sure it is something healthy that you are snacking on!:wink: