Jillian Michaels is a joke!

Options
I know this is old news but I just heard about it. Jillian Michaels has been sued numerous times for endorsing diet pills that have been found to have potential lethal ingredients in them. Then the company tried to hide the ingredients from consumers!

Why is it that the people we try to look up to and that inspire us are secretcly doing devious crap behind our backs? It seems like everyone has a dark side and there are no true people out there passionately trying to help others.

She is just like every other get rich capitalist. I'm glad that I downloaded her workout videos from a Torrent website and didn't give her any money!

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I know this is old news but I just heard about it. Jillian Michaels has been sued numerous times for endorsing diet pills that have been found to have potential lethal ingredients in them. Then the company tried to hide the ingredients from consumers!

Why is it that the people we try to look up to and that inspire us are secretcly doing devious crap behind our backs? It seems like everyone has a dark side and there are no true people out there passionately trying to help others.

She is just like every other get rich capitalist. I'm glad that I downloaded her workout videos from a Torrent website and didn't give her any money!

Right now I'm not finding her a funny joke, I did one of her DVDs last night and my right leg has seized up. ;-) She did say that her DVDs are shown illegally on a US exercise channel available free too in case anyone is interested?
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Bob has too. I totally don't get it. What happened to hard work and diet? sigh.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I had no idea!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Some will do anything for the "almighty dollar". How sad.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Right now I'm not finding her a funny joke, I did one of her DVDs last night and my right leg has seized up. ;-) She did say that her DVDs are shown illegally on a US exercise channel available free too in case anyone is interested?

I can get her workout videos for free on my TV network. Although I won't be doing them any more because I seriously hurt my knee doing the shred :(
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd read that many times also. I thought she was a bit pricey, but I still bought the Wii version of her workout DVD. I didn't like it too much though and ended up selling it.

I haven't used her supplements, so I can't comment on them, but aren't all diet pills bad for you anyway?
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    What company are you guys with? I want that!

*Had to edit because I dont want her work outs just all the other ones haha
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's dumb, but it's not clear that Jillian Michaels endorsed the product(s) KNOWING that there were lethal ingredients--I just don't think she would do that.... and she's rich enough that she can be selective in the brands she endorses. I know for a fact that she has turned down offers from Subway to do ads for them because she thinks there's way too much sodium and high fructose corn syrup in the bread. I think she means well, even though she is sometimes mal-informed. She is definitely not a doctor, and people who take her advice should do their own research to back up her claims. But I do genuinely think she's trying to make America healthier.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lol, this is like blaming Ronald McDonald for selling fat-filled lard burgers that makes kids obese...
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    my yoga instructor says EVERYONE has a dark and light side. It's just a question of which one you wish to present to the world and nurture.
    We all have darkness in us - don't judge Jillian. Sure, she does bad stuff - so do you, so do I. She does good stuff too
  • baumthreat
    baumthreat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually I thought she was sued for false advertising in that a couple ladies claimed the pills did not decrease their appetite and they didn't lose any weight.

Had not heard anything about "lethal" diet pills....sounds like an internet fabrication to me.

What's wrong with being a capitalist?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Ironic that you say this, immediately followed by a shameless admission that you stole her videos online.
  • 2012anewme
    Options
    There are numerous posts with people saying they hurt themselves doing her DVDs plus she has been sued over it. She is not a trainer. Hopefully people will learn soon and stop doing her workouts.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'd read that many times also. I thought she was a bit pricey, but I still bought the Wii version of her workout DVD. I didn't like it too much though and ended up selling it.

I haven't used her supplements, so I can't comment on them, but aren't all diet pills bad for you anyway?

IMHO I think its really bad because its a fad diet type thing. Once you stop them, I would imagine you are more likely to gain the weight back because you haven't learned the tools and habits to keep it off. Not to mention, who knows whats in it so it might mess up your metabolism. The secret to weight loss: Hard friggen work and a healthy diet. :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Whether she is an evil capitalist or not, you can hardly call her a joke; Her 30ds results speak for themselves! I don't think she's as good at marketing as she could be though, you're deffo not meant to do the 30ds every day for 30 days or you will injure yourself!

And at the same time remember she will have people working for her saying "endorse this, we've researched it, it's a great idea!"

Not excusing her, nobody is perfect, just remember she is a great trainer if nothing else!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    How about the fact that people are sue happy and THEY will also do anything for a buck? Did they sue the no name chemist who actually created the product? Nope they went for the big name. They were looking for an easy way to lose weight, and now for the easy way to make money. Go figure.
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options
    I can't imagine why anyone would willingly take anything into their system without knowing what it was. I stood in front of the shelf at Walgreens for several minutes trying to figure out what was in her supplement pills. I was baffled that it was all claim and no evidence. Now, I do like her chocolate shakes, but I can't find them anymore :ohwell:

But I never found a single think listed on her pills that made me comfortable. There are things listed, but not amounts. That doesn't scare people? I can't fathom spending money on a product without questioning the ingredients. That just seems irresponsible to me.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Whether she is an evil capitalist or not, you can hardly call her a joke; Her 30ds results speak for themselves! I don't think she's as good at marketing as she could be though, you're deffo not meant to do the 30ds every day for 30 days or you will injure yourself!

And at the same time remember she will have people working for her saying "endorse this, we've researched it, it's a great idea!"

Not excusing her, nobody is perfect, just remember she is a great trainer if nothing else!

^^^ took the words right out of my mouth^^^
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Lol, this is like blaming Ronald McDonald for selling fat-filled lard burgers that makes kids obese...

Exactly. Personal responsibility has gone out the window anymore... and if you make money, you must be an evil person.

Whether people choose to take the pills or not is their own stupid decision, her workouts DO work though and can be a means to a healthier, natural weight-loss program. I think she's a cocky jerk but I'm just starting 30 DS and can see a difference in my body already.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Yeah, because it makes perfect sense that because she endorses a bad product, you should use her good ones for free! I mean really, if you work hard for your money and have a skill that others are willing to pay for, you really should just give it away. How greedy is that? We should ALL be working for the good of everyone and never put a single thought to our own well being. It is truly the only civilized thing to do.