Frustrated and still as Fat as last week

Options
:grumble: Ughh.. idk whats really been happening to be honest. I've just been having this sort of negativity feeling lately. I weighed myself this morning, and I haven't lost anything. Nothing. I'm still 306. I worked out Monday, kicked my *kitten*, Tuesday was good too. Then I was off Wed and yesterday my stomach was feeling funny so I came home and rested, but still did a good 15 minutes on the tred... so idk why I wouldn't be losing.

It's frustrating because the 11 pounds I HAVE lost, I lost before I even started at the gym. And it's not as if I'm building muscle or anything, I've got SO MUCH FAT to get rid of first.. before I can even get to the musle. Or maybe it works the other way around? You build muscle underneath and then the fat stuff goes away? I have no idea. I'm just frustrated.

Hopefully it just starts back up, and I start losing. I want to lose at least those 6 pounds by Feb and be an even 300. But I'm starting to doubt if that's really possible? I've got 8 days. 6 pounds. Probably not.

Idk.. maybe I just need to kick it up a little more. I'm still eating healthy. I mean I was allowing myself one "fatty" food a week. But I'm just gonna have to cut that out. I just hope I can turn it around, or it's going to end up like every other attempt. I'll probably be 350 by my birthday instead of 250 like I planned.

Replies

• jessicasager
    Options
    :grumble: Ughh.. idk whats really been happening to be honest. I've just been having this sort of negativity feeling lately. I weighed myself this morning, and I haven't lost anything. Nothing. I'm still 306. I worked out Monday, kicked my *kitten*, Tuesday was good too. Then I was off Wed and yesterday my stomach was feeling funny so I came home and rested, but still did a good 15 minutes on the tred... so idk why I wouldn't be losing.

It's frustrating because the 11 pounds I HAVE lost, I lost before I even started at the gym. And it's not as if I'm building muscle or anything, I've got SO MUCH FAT to get rid of first.. before I can even get to the musle. Or maybe it works the other way around? You build muscle underneath and then the fat stuff goes away? I have no idea. I'm just frustrated.

Hopefully it just starts back up, and I start losing. I want to lose at least those 6 pounds by Feb and be an even 300. But I'm starting to doubt if that's really possible? I've got 8 days. 6 pounds. Probably not.

Idk.. maybe I just need to kick it up a little more. I'm still eating healthy. I mean I was allowing myself one "fatty" food a week. But I'm just gonna have to cut that out. I just hope I can turn it around, or it's going to end up like every other attempt. I'll probably be 350 by my birthday instead of 250 like I planned.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? If you aren't your body will stop allowing you to lose. If you lost 11 pounds quickly, and then stopped, it may have to do with food consumption and not enough of it.

What is your eating pattern? How much and when.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    it's going to take time. i know it's hard to be patient when you are working so hard. i say it didn't happen overnight and we won't lose it overnight either. try to stay positive, i know that's difficult. also, stress contributes to weight loss. if you are stressing out about not losing weight or other problems too much, that can be a set back as well.

just deal with the day and not tomorrow or the next day. easier said than done, i know.

keep your head up and anything you think something negative, end with something positive.

i mess up today but i will do better tomorrow

i'm not seeing the progress i would like, but i know i will get there.

you can do it. don't give up.
  • csantos1182
    Options
    don't give up! you are definately building muscle even if you can't tell yet. I have the same problem. Just try and concentrate on the weight you have lost and keep up the good work.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    First and Foremost, DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED!!! This is a process and it takes time. We need to get your metabolism moving, it is still getting used to the fewer calories and the extra movement - aka SHOCK, it's OK this is just a speed bump and you will get over it. If you are eating significantly less calories than you used to, your body thinks you are trying to starve it and it will hold on to all it can. Try taking your daily calories and splitting it up into atleast 6 portions. I found that if I eat every 2-3 hours that I am ALWAYS full and even have a hard time somedays eating enough, because I feel like I am eating all day, but it is only 100-200 calories at a time. Then you can make sure you get your 20-30 minutes of exercise each day - this is a minumum but it gets your body and metabolism moving, do more on days you can, but don't get yourself down if your can't do a "big" workout everyday. Drink water, then drink more water and then when you feel like you can't drink anymore... drink MORE water. This is SOOOO important, keeps you hydrated, flushes out toxins, helps you feel full and it's just good for you. But, most importantly, remember that this will take time... and that's OK. Everyday is one day closer to being a happier and HEALTHIER you. If the scale doesn't move this week, be proud of all the things you accomplished, could you have done them the way you felt a few months ago?? Challenge yourself to fitness & nutrition goals not just weight goals, you may be surprised what happens when you set your mind in a different direction! YOU CAN DO IT because YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up! Weight loss takes time! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. Your body is just being selfish because it is catching on to the fact that you're trying to take something away from it and it's not ready to let go. But you're stronger than any fat, so you keep at it and your body will eventually have to let go of it. You're doing great.

I've been on this web site since last May and have actually gained weight. So I do to some small extent know how you feel. Just keep doing what you're doing, every couple of weeks making small changes, and you'll do great!!!