bikini and/or figure competitors

bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
I am 2 weeks, 2 days away from my first Ms. Binkini competition. My question is when doing them, how much do you try to get down to?

Take me, for instance. I am 5'5" and currently 128 pounds. I started off at 120, gained for the muscle mass, maintained and am now trying to lean out (tweaking my goals overy now and again).

Also, would I look terrible at 125 for the show, since that is more realistic than say getting back to 120 in just over 2 weeks?

My biggest fear is getting laughed off the stage, or feeling like a super-sized version of the other competitors.... Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    You will NOT get laughed off stage girl. I had a friend who competed one time, started off as a dare and then she really got into and she came in 3rd place...she did great!! You could tell it was her first competition and she was welcomed by all the veteran competitors...she got great tips and had a blast and would have done it again except she ended up getting pregnant and starting a family. In any case, I think you'll do wonderful, you'll have a blast and you'll LOVE it!
  • bry_all01
    You will NOT get laughed off stage girl. I had a friend who competed one time, started off as a dare and then she really got into and she came in 3rd place...she did great!! You could tell it was her first competition and she was welcomed by all the veteran competitors...she got great tips and had a blast and would have done it again except she ended up getting pregnant and starting a family. In any case, I think you'll do wonderful, you'll have a blast and you'll LOVE it!

FUNNY! I did mine basd off a dare, TOO!!! Thanks, sweetie!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Anyone that laughs will have hell to pay! Guess I better save my pennies in case I go to jail.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    I remember you had told me that once, but I couldn't remember if I told you that it was the same reason my friend had done it! I think after it is all over you will be super proud of yourself and you'll be itching to do another competition!!:wink:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    bunp
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    You're going to do a great job and you will have so much fun!!!! I can't speak much for the stats and things, because you are teeny tiny compared to me right now .. but you're gorgeous and bad *kitten*.
  • i think ya look pretty damn badass as ya are Brat! wouldn't change a thing... don't panic the small stuff.. just work on being the bestest there.... which, if i were a judge.. you'd be a shoe-in!:drinker:
    best of luck to ya gorgeous... know that everyone here's rootin for ya... and, if it wasn't such a long walk to texas.. i'd be there myself :laugh:
  • bry_all01
    i think ya look pretty damn badass as ya are Brat! wouldn't change a thing... don't panic the small stuff.. just work on being the bestest there.... which, if i were a judge.. you'd be a shoe-in!:drinker:
    best of luck to ya gorgeous... know that everyone here's rootin for ya... and, if it wasn't such a long walk to texas.. i'd be there myself :laugh:

lol, yea, but could you imagine how many minuts of walking that would be??? tee hehehe, I KEED!
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    You look awesom!!!! Go out and strut your stuff. I'm considering doing a bikini competition in May 2012.
  • i think ya look pretty damn badass as ya are Brat! wouldn't change a thing... don't panic the small stuff.. just work on being the bestest there.... which, if i were a judge.. you'd be a shoe-in!:drinker:

lol, yea, but could you imagine how many minuts of walking that would be??? tee hehehe, I KEED!

i'd have to leave now, and i still wouldn't make it. :embarassed:
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    I'd be worried to pose next to ya..
    You look awesome.
    And your profile pic is very tasteful, I like it.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    First of all, there is NO WAY you will be laughed off stage!! You look amazing, and never think anything different mmmkay??

Secondly, this is your first one ever! So you will only improve from here, and I'm sure they will be more because you are going to ROCK the competition :)
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    You're a freakin SuperStar with a rockin bod. You've worked hard and its time to show it off!

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson

I think you're gonna get lucky! (<---trying to be cute!)
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    I have never in my life seen a competition, but I know that my friend and her husband do them as couples. Looking at her facebook pictures, I would say in my uneducated opinion, 125 would look amazing for the show. Healthy and strong, you don't want to risk looking gaunt.

Some of her pictures show really fit men and women but when they look too small its all I focus on.
  • bry_all01
    You look awesom!!!! Go out and strut your stuff. I'm considering doing a bikini competition in May 2012.

Wooo hoo! It is an experience, that's for sure. Best of luck to you in yours!!! And, thank you!!
  • bry_all01
    thank you, Sean, Julie and Ang!!!!
This discussion has been closed.