beer is a weakness....

Options
:glasses: So i went out drnking last night with some friends and even though I had only 4 drinks I went way over my calorie allotment. Now I feel guilty but at the same time, do I really have to give up going out with my friends to be skinny?:ohwell:

Replies

• tattooed81
    Options
    :glasses: So i went out drnking last night with some friends and even though I had only 4 drinks I went way over my calorie allotment. Now I feel guilty but at the same time, do I really have to give up going out with my friends to be skinny?:ohwell:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    No!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :drinker: I like my beer too. I try to exercise more on the days I want to partake. Good luck with that. Pam
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I have switched to Sam Adams Light ... try it ... it is awesome!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have started ordering wine with spritzer. One glass with half the calories, so if I have 4 drinks, it is like having 2.
  • dalbrect
    Options
    Beer is brutal. Even Bud light clocks in at 110 calories per 12oz can. Lame!

I heard that if you are going to drink while dieting you should switch to vodka & water with lime or run and a diet soda.

Still, I prefer beer and it is largely why my progress is pretty stagnant. (I'm just happy at this point to be keeping track of my calories/exercise). I'm in no big rush.
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    I am glad I'm not the only one that likes beer. I tried vodka drinks but it is not the same. :drinker:

If I drink this weekend I am going to try vodka and pink lemonade crystal light. Someone told me about that........

BUT I LOVE MY BUD LIGHT when going out or having a dinner party. Good luck to all the beer drinkers. Stay strong.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    In college, while losing 20+ pounds, I used to drink Gin and Lemonade Crystal Light.