Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

the Center for weight loss and fitness

So today I am going to the Center for Medical Weight Loss. I am getting a weight-loss consultation with a body0composition analysis, a vitamin B12 injection and a fat-burning injection. GOD only knows why I bought this groupon. I am most anxious to see what the fancy scale will say. It breaks down your body by fat, muscle, and water levels. It also gives you your resting metabolism and your blood pressure. YIKES!
If anything at least this will give me an idea of where I need to go from here.
Anyone out there ever do anything like this before?

Replies

• philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    I hope it wasn't one of those scam operations, esp. if the office was closed when you got there. Groupons aren't always a good deal. We had a couple of fly-by-nights "groupon" a bunch of people in Cleveland, just to close up shop. Hope it works for you.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    My advice: don't listen to anything they say.

Don't ever go back.

If you follow that advice, you should be fine.

There is nothing "unique" about the scale. Many fitness centers use them. It takes a certain level of education and experience to interpret the results correctly--they can have a high error factor.

Unfortunately, most of the places exist only to sell expensive drugs, supplements, or medical procedures. They have no ethics or scruples other than to take advantage of your insecurity and gouge you for every penny they can.