For my mom...

Options
My mom needs to loose 15-30lbs. She's a tiny person, and a tiny build. But from the waist down well, she's got some hips and thighs. She has arch problems and can't walk that much. She has a treadmill and it gave her more problems on her feet so she didn't keep with it. Other then a bike what can she do? What kind of bike would be best? I told her she needed to do cardio to get the weight off..

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    My mom needs to loose 15-30lbs. She's a tiny person, and a tiny build. But from the waist down well, she's got some hips and thighs. She has arch problems and can't walk that much. She has a treadmill and it gave her more problems on her feet so she didn't keep with it. Other then a bike what can she do? What kind of bike would be best? I told her she needed to do cardio to get the weight off..
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should try water aerobics. It keeps the stress off of the feet and joints.:flowerforyou:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Some type of pilates might be good too.

There are also stores out there that make specialized shoes (and shoe inserts) for people with foot problems. She should check that out.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Maybe she should try water aerobics. It keeps the stress off of the feet and joints.:flowerforyou:

Huge fear of water, she can't swim. lol already thought of that.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Did she try changing the incline on the treadmill? I've head of that helping for people with foot issues. The change of the incline changes the pressure points on the feet. Someone else will know more than me on that, but it's an idea!

What about "power" yoga? I've seen dvds out there for it & a lady I go to church with has lost weight doing it. I haven't eve pesonally tried it, though.