Can i have your opinion please?

Options
I'm currently planning to do a new cycle of p90x/insanity hybrid..(if you aren't familiar with what that is, think of it as regular resistance/cardio exercise6 times a week),

now as this is my third time, you'd think i'd have nailed my nutrition by now, but i still get scared..

so any way here goes my question..I'm 5'6, 66 inches or 167.6 cm's..i weigh 180 pounds..

with the amount of exercise I'm doing, do you guys think it's safe to eat 2000 calories a day? I've already calculated my daily caloric maintenancelevel and i got back 2700..and knowing thats way too much i just stuck with 2000..

I plan on eating carbs twice a day, breakfast and lunch..

is that too much? or that enough or is it too little?

thank you in advance.

Replies

• terriepage
    terriepage Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X for one cycle and my husband did it for 3 years (with some change ups). It burns massive calories. Try the 2000 calories and weigh yourself once a week. If it looks like your gaining, trim it down by 250 calories per day, give it a couple of weeks and check again. I am 5'6.5 and 192 lbs.. I tore my ACL doing P90X (my fault completely) and quit working out for over 2 1/2 years. I just came back and have been working out for 5 weeks now. I have regained much of my endurance and strength quickly because of the muscle memory acheived through P90X. Go for it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    I'm currently planning to do a new cycle of p90x/insanity hybrid..(if you aren't familiar with what that is, think of it as regular resistance/cardio exercise6 times a week),

now as this is my third time, you'd think i'd have nailed my nutrition by now, but i still get scared..

so any way here goes my question..I'm 5'6, 66 inches or 167.6 cm's..i weigh 180 pounds..

with the amount of exercise I'm doing, do you guys think it's safe to eat 2000 calories a day? I've already calculated my daily caloric maintenancelevel and i got back 2700..and knowing thats way too much i just stuck with 2000..

I plan on eating carbs twice a day, breakfast and lunch..

is that too much? or that enough or is it too little?

thank you in advance.
    2000 sounds about right.