christmas eating

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    Options
    I do not plan on depriving myself of food, but I will control my portions and not over eat. And of course, keep exercising so I can burn all or most of my extra calories!

This. I log it all and try to keep within reason. And I only eat WHAT I REALLY, REALLY LOVE.

It's amazing how much holiday stuff is really not worth the calories when you think about it. Candy canes? Those awful cardboard cookies with some sprinkles on them? Gingerbread houses? Cheap chocolate?
  • kassandra81
    Options
    I plan to stick to my meal plan and go to the gym with no interuption over the Christmas holidays unless my gym is closed. Christmas is Sunday, which is a gym day, but it will be closed and I am obviously not going that day, lol. I will probably go on the 26th though. It will save me from boxing day shopping!

I don't forsee a huge issue doing this, I host two Christmas parties every year and they may be a little challenging but I will be sure to make foods I can eat and then some that I can't as well. Christmas eve my parents have a big party with tons of food, but it's after dinner. So I will eat dinner and then go. I won't over indulge. I will probably change my Christmas day breakfast and dinner though to accomodate a bit more but don't plan on blowing my caloric intake for a week in one day, lol

I also bake a lot, and we can't NOT make Santa some cookies. My daughter wouldn't have it, lol... But I am going to try my hardest not to have ANY christmas cookies this year!
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    workout more?
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I really don't think a day or two will throw you off track.

And if you are really worried about it, I would just eat small portions of stuff.

I know for me, that "planning" to be "good" over the holidays is only setting me up for failure, and I don't like to do that to myself.

AND NEVER LET YOURSELF FEEL GUILTY for enjoying the holidays!!!