Do you track ...

Options
... your sugar free gum? I'm a gum-a-holic. I probably chew 5 pieces a day and they are 5 calories a slice. While I track my vitamins (15 cal), my brewed coffee (9 cal), my stupid celery (17 cal), lol, I just feel my gum is just so ... insignificant, lol. I guess my mind set is that I don't log the 6 flights of stairs I walk daily as exercise ... nor do I log the 1000 steps I walk to and from my car and office on a daily basis as exercise ... so I figure those stairs and those steps burn off any calories from gum that I could possibly chew in a day, lol.

What about you? Do you track your gum? Is there anything you don't track?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    my coffee has 0 cals?

And nope. I only track the gum if i swallow it xD
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I never log gum.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I log everything...I think it's personal preference =)
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Definitely a step too far for me.

I once saw a post from someone complaining that her medication had a sugar coating and she didn't want those extra calories.

You have to draw the line somewhere.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    No, I don't log the gum either. And I don't log the coffee/iced tea, although I do log what I put in my coffee. I do log the other healthy stuff like celery because it helps me feel proud of myself for choosing such a healthy option. Plus it helps me see just how many servings of fruits/veggies I'm managing to get into a day.
  • loisann221
    Options
    I don't track it, since I figure that the act of chewing the gum burns calories. This link supports that justification-
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/309298-how-many-calories-do-you-lose-chewing-gum/

If you haven't tried the Extra Dessert gum flavors you should, they are great and help to satisfy a sweet tooth (I'd stay away from the Strawberry Shortcake flavor though...kinda gross.)
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I do. I eat alot of sugar free desert delights. I track it!
  • thorandlily
    Options
    your only cheating your self i track everything
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    my coffee has 0 cals?

And nope. I only track the gum if i swallow it xD

Actually, nothing truly has 0 calories except water. The FDA regulations state that anything less than 5 calories per serving can be labeled as calorie-free but in fact may contain up to 4 calories per serving. Example: I can't believe its not butter spray is "0 calories" for 5 sprays but the entire bottle actually contains 900 calories and around 90 grams of fat. Coffee has about 2 calories in a cup. I'm not a calorie nazi, so I'm not trying to be a know-it-all or anything I'm just pointing this out because I recently learned this!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Definitely a step too far for me.

I once saw a post from someone complaining that her medication had a sugar coating and she didn't want those extra calories.

You have to draw the line somewhere.

wow! that's a little much, I agree!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    nope, no gum-tracking for me.