Dr Pepper Ten

Options
I was actually kind of mad watching the commercials and thought to myself, if someone wants a low calorie drink, just get the diet Dr. Pepper and be done with it. Then there I was today, at the store and I wanted to pick up some soda since I was getting sick of coffee, tea, and water... there it was diet Dr. Pepper, Dr Pepper Ten, and the regular one... and I actually decided to get the Ten instead of the diet so the checkout person didn't think I was dieting :noway: So I may have bought into the hype a bit about this being a more 'manly' diet drink.
Anyway, it actually tastes pretty good (I drank it warm since I bought a twelve pack and needed the caffeine). What do you all think of it if you've tried it? I've never bought the diet stuff myself before, so I don't know how the two compare.

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    just a thought...

they advertise on tv that this is a manly diet drink so every1 knows its a diet drink.....

so even if u buy it the checkout person knows it....

so what's the point of tryin 2 hide the fact that u're buyin a diet drink that doesn't say diet that every1 knows is a diet drink?

i'm confused....
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a chick so I'm used to buying diet sodas and it's no big deal, but I can see how the Ten would be a cool thing for guys. DDP was always the only diet soda that tasted regular to me. I might try ten as a second alternate. Good to know it's yummy!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it's good. Less sodium that diet.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I had it because it was free. It's good, but so is Diet Dr Pepper.

I think it's silly to have to brand things differently for men's fragile egos. It just makes more work for the beverage company and store employees, trying to fit all the different (but essentially the same) products in the same amount of space in the store or warehouse.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to Diet DP's. I have one every day after lunch. :ohwell: Not the healthiest but whatever. Ive never hear do DP 10. Only 10 calories? Maybe Ill give it a try. Whats the sugar content?
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes sweeter than the diet. Definitely something different... don't really know how well it will catch on though
  • Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    2g sugar, 60mg sodium, 3g total carbs.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Same branding difference that Coke did with Coke Zero a few years ago. They weren't as explicit about calling it a "manly drink" but their market research showed that men didn't like products that said 'diet' in the name.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I would try it. I love dr pepper, I can't stand the taste of diet dr pepper.. so maybe this would be a middle road.
    I also loved Pepsi one much better than diet pepsi
    I HATE coke but I LOVE diet coke.. strange.
  • icewyche
    icewyche Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it's good. Less sodium that diet.

Really? Hmmm...may have to give that a try, because I'm not a fan of the sodium in DDP Cherry.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    DDP addict here. Nver heard of DP10 though.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Same branding difference that Coke did with Coke Zero a few years ago. They weren't as explicit about calling it a "manly drink" but their market research showed that men didn't like products that said 'diet' in the name.

Diet coke and coke zero have different artifical sweeteners.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the check out person thinks about your purchases?

I didn't like the commercial because they had so much emphasis on it being a "manly" drink.

I really like the Powerade Zero drinks, they work for me and come in many different flavors. No carbonated water, really low sodium, zero calories and zero sugar.
  • Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would try it. I love dr pepper, I can't stand the taste of diet dr pepper.. so maybe this would be a middle road.
    I also loved Pepsi one much better than diet pepsi
    I HATE coke but I LOVE diet coke.. strange.

I hear that the soda fountain diet coke tastes a lot better than the can or bottled versions.
  • rotorgrl
    rotorgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I guess it's unmanly to drink DIET soda…(whatever). I remember the Diet coke commercial years ago, hot guy cleaning windows women drooling, he drank a diet coke. Plus, if they market it as manly soda it gets our attention.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I didnt so much care for it, nor do i care for Diet D.P. really. I'll stick to the occasional Diet coke.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but my husband prefers Coke Zero to Diet Coke, even though he prefers a Diet Pepsi to both and will order it when it's available. Formulas can be different, and while I'm okay with that, I agree that it is dumb to market pop as if men will avoid the word "Diet" on a can of soda. Even if marketing research shows that's true, there has too be a more subtle way to advertise than "Most men are too dense to buy what they need if the wrong word is on the product. Here is a word you'll like better!"
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I hate diet soda (including DDP) but I can drink DP10. It's good, tastes like regular and has that touch of sweet. I've tried Cherry Coke zero and it tastes too much like diet. I'll be drinking DP10 if I want any soda from now on.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I've tried the DP 10 and just the hint of HFCS makes it tastes so much better to me, like I'm having a dessert or sweet snack. And I love the gray color of the can and box. I'm not a man, but it makes my inner-tomboy very happy :)