What do you mix in with your Cottage Cheese???

Options
Ok so I would really like to be able to eat Cottage Cheese, I’ve tried it a couple of times and I wasn’t very fond of it. I had it plain and I tried the ones that come already mixed with fruit but I found them to be very sweet and it turned me off.

I am willing to give it another try because I know it’s high in protein and good for you.

What do you mix in your cottage cheese, I need some ideas….

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i put it in my salad :)
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love it plain... I have eaten it with peaches and pineapples. It was pretty yummy!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Lately, cocoa powder and splenda.
  • WerePlatypus
    WerePlatypus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pepper! Lots of black pepper; I eat it almost every day.
  • kelleynewkirk
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and tomatoes!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten it in a while..but I like tamari almonds mixed in, or cinnamon.
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    This may sound weird but I always eat it with salt and pepper. I also like to dip reduced fat wheat thins in it.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fruits like strawberries, blackberries, apple
    or natural honey
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Salsa and use it as a dip for Wheat Thins
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If you don't like sweet, you may not like this too much but I do something pretty different with my cottage cheese. I make a fake rice pudding. I add a serving of fat free cool whip, a packet of splenda, a tablespoon or so of raisins, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mix and enjoy.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've mixed granola in with it for a little crunch. I hate it mixed with fruit. Otherwise I just eat it plain.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I don't like it either. My husband and son, on the other hand, can't get enough. They mix in peaches or mandarin oranges and swear it's good. The thought of either of those grosses me out so I've never tried them. This is just one food that, when I do eat it, I choke down 1/2 cup quickly and be done. Oh hubby also likes to eat it plain on top of a piece of toast (good way to eat it as you are getting the protein serving and carb together).
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Just pepper (lots of it)

OR

Just Peaches
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My very favorite is garden fresh tomatoes. Next is fresh pineapple. Then any unsweetened fruit is good. I also have mixed it into my scrambled eggs rather than using milk, and that is really good! You don't taste the cottage cheese, but the eggs are a creamier consistency with a richer flavor.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get over the texture. I sure wish I could. I love yogurt and wish I could use this as an alternative.
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok so I would really like to be able to eat Cottage Cheese, I’ve tried it a couple of times and I wasn’t very fond of it. I had it plain and I tried the ones that come already mixed with fruit but I found them to be very sweet and it turned me off.

I am willing to give it another try because I know it’s high in protein and good for you.

What do you mix in your cottage cheese, I need some ideas….

My all-time favorite cottage cheese snack is a fresh fruit medley of Strawberries, blackberries, grapes, blueberries, & Raspberries. 1/2cup cottage cheese with 1-2cups of fruit is perfect!!!!!! Espeically if you let the fruit sit for a day and all the juices mix! :) give it a try! (Has to be fresh fruit though none of that frozen or premixed stuff. just doesn't taste the same)

I also like putting it in with salads or with pepper & italian dressing on it.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Pepper, or for a treat peaches and pineapple
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    cinnamon and sometimes black pepper
  • yeaforme
    Options
    I just had some! I put it in a tortilla with chicken and hot sauce. I know that sounds nasty, but I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese and a friend recommended it. It's great!
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pepper! Lots of black pepper; I eat it almost every day.

I love pepper in mine also!