i need help with chili calories

Options
I have searched all the different chili recipies and unsure of one to choose
Total calories of chili i make in crook pot are 2938 cal it includes everything from cooked lean ground beef and beans serves 8. just want a good estimate to even just choose another item from the lists.

problem is how many calories per 1 1/2 cup serving? and have used my calculator untill my head hurts tried recipie calculator on another site and it does not know some of my ingredients
If someone hears me plese help my head from spinning this am.
:huh:

Replies

• faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    I have searched all the different chili recipies and unsure of one to choose
    Total calories of chili i make in crook pot are 2938 cal it includes everything from cooked lean ground beef and beans serves 8. just want a good estimate to even just choose another item from the lists.

problem is how many calories per 1 1/2 cup serving? and have used my calculator untill my head hurts tried recipie calculator on another site and it does not know some of my ingredients
    If someone hears me plese help my head from spinning this am.
    :huh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem ....if the total is 3000 and serves 8 is that a cup per serving? that would be 3000 divided by 8...if a serving is 1 1.2 cups then I would measure out the total number of servings with a cup and then divide....now my head is hurtung...I dont know if this helps
  • faylou
    Options
    Anything helps ...:bigsmile:
  • jen_paradise
    Options
    When I made my chili, this is what I did.

I added all the ingredients to my menu plan, under the food journal. For the amounts I put in how much would approx be in a bowl of my chili...like if you add a cup of mushrooms, the full cup would'nt be in one bowl , so i just basically estimated...b/c I had the same problem you did, then I put down remember meal. It totaled up the calories for me. I don't know if this is the proper way, but I had trouble finding out calories too, so I just did it this way...hope this helps :)
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am no help, but thank you for the question because I run across the same issue... :)
  • Cookn
    Cookn Posts: 21
    Options
    If it makes 8 servings and a serving is one cup, the recipe would make 6 -1 and 1/2 cup servings with a calorie listing of 550.875 calories per each serving. Or to put it another way each 1 cup serving is 367 and a fraction calories, so a 1 1/2 cup servings is 367 times 1.5.

Now if it makes 8 1 1/2 cup servings it makes 12 cups of chili and each serving would be 367.25 calories.

Clear as mud, right ?
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I had a similar problem ....if the total is 3000 and serves 8 is that a cup per serving? that would be 3000 divided by 8...if a serving is 1 1.2 cups then I would measure out the total number of servings with a cup and then divide....now my head is hurtung...I dont know if this helps

This is how I do it too. We only eat out (at the most) once a week, so it's up to me to figure these pesky calories. This is my method of figuring too, and it seems to work. Good luck and good job for making the effort to find out because isn't guessing on portion sizes etc. what got us into this in the first place?:wink:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    If it makes 8 servings and a serving is one cup, the recipe would make 6 -1 and 1/2 cup servings with a calorie listing of 550.875 calories per each serving. Or to put it another way each 1 cup serving is 367 and a fraction calories, so a 1 1/2 cup servings is 367 times 1.5.

Aren't you smart? 10 points for you.:laugh:
  • faylou
    Options

Now if it makes 8 1 1/2 cup servings it makes 12 cups of chili and each serving would be 367.25 calories.

Clear as mud, right ?
    Thankyou all so much for your help
    off to cook it now
    :flowerforyou: