Ripped in 30 Starting NOW...Join Me

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hi, looking for some really motivated people to start Ripped in 30. So, here I am ready to push us along to the finish line. You can start today, Monday or November 1st.

1) Post your start date: 10/20/11

2) Starting weight: 174.4

3) Take your measurements on an empty stomach:

Bust (thickest part of your chest) 40.25
Waist (natural bend when you bend to the side, usually 2 inches above belly button) 32.75
Abdomen (thickest part of your middle below the belly button, usually 2 inches below) 40.00
Hips (thickest part of your butt) 42.25
Thigh (only one, measure right under where your butt meets the leg) 24.75
Bicep (center of upper arm) 11.5
Calf (thickest part, sitting down) 15.50

Total: 207 inches

4) I think pictures, front and back, would a really good idea. We can post those at the end.

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Hey. What's the difference in Ripped in 30? Do you do it after 30 Day Shred?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thursday, 10/20/11....W1D1, 245 calories burned

It wasn't as bad as I expected. I need to get stronger for the planks and pushups. It will be interesting to go from girlie ones to manly ones.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey. What's the difference in Ripped in 30? Do you do it after 30 Day Shred?

They have the same premise. Ripped in 30 has 4 different weeks that you do 5 to 6 days a week instead of doing it for 10 days. I like it better already. If you want to just do the shred, that would be fine as well. It's all good!!
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    You've just inspired me - I'm in! Off to do it now and will post stats later.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You've just inspired me - I'm in! Off to do it now and will post stats later.

Great...don't forget to post and I will put a spreadsheet together!!
  • Sexyred0928
    Sexyred0928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please.
  • Sexyred0928
    Sexyred0928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • nisijam5
    Options

Great...the more the better...it's only 30 days until we are stronger and literally change our bodies...post your stats when you have time
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    Phew...just finished!

10/20/11 - Calories burned: 237
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Great Job...looks like it's just me and you for the next 30!!
  • o0oAliciao0o
    Options
    Ok I'm in. I'm just worried I won't be able to do it every day because I get so sore the day after a workout and your body is building muscle while you are sore and resting. Thoughts?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ok I'm in. I'm just worried I won't be able to do it every day because I get so sore the day after a workout and your body is building muscle while you are sore and resting. Thoughts?

The soreness is from the build up of lactic acid and the breakdown of proteins. I don't think that it relates to these 25 minute workouts because the weights are so light.

I find that if I work out the next day when I am sore, it helps with the stiffness and soreness. It increases circulation and helps you heal faster.

The workouts are suggested to be 5 to 6 times a week. However, you have to do what is comfortable for you body. I am a firm believer in listening to your body. If the pain is from injury, STOP. If the pain is just a natural response from exercise, maybe just do modified versions - or - yoga to stretch out
  • Orionbelt
    Options

The soreness is from the build up of lactic acid and the breakdown of proteins. I don't think that it relates to these 25 minute workouts because the weights are so light.

I find that if I work out the next day when I am sore, it helps with the stiffness and soreness. It increases circulation and helps you heal faster.

The workouts are suggested to be 5 to 6 times a week. However, you have to do what is comfortable for you body. I am a firm believer in listening to your body. If the pain is from injury, STOP. If the pain is just a natural response from exercise, maybe just do modified versions - or - yoga to stretch out

Great advice! I too always feel it best for my body to work out when sore because it works out the kinks and makes me feel better.

Today is Day Two! Planning on going for a run on my lunch break (training for a 10 k run in about two weeks...big yikes for this non-runner!) and my Hubby has agreed to do Ripped with me tonight after the kids go to bed!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That's awesome about the 10K. What a great goal!!! I've tried the C25K and was a W5 dropout :cry: I like to mix in some elliptical with the Jillian for extra calories burn.

I'm going to try and talk my hubs into it. He had a hip replacement last December and still has to watch the hi-impact exercises. But, anything can be modified, right?

I'm going to do Day 2 today with about 1/2 hour of elliptical. I work at 3 so I need to get a move on. This computer sucks me in at times.
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    Just finished my run...570 calories burned and still have Ripped to do tonight. Might have to treat myself to BIG supper tonight!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Just finished my run...570 calories burned and still have Ripped to do tonight. Might have to treat myself to BIG supper tonight!

HeLLLLL ya...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thursday, 10/20/11....W1D1, 245 calories burned
    Friday, 10/21/11..W1D2, 234 calories burned & 256 on the elliptical

I feel like it went much better today...time to shower, grab some lunch and off to work....Rock the day!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    OK...doing two workouts in one day is insane! Did a 6 k run this morning (570 calories burned) and Ripped tonight (199 calories burned - lower then yesterday because my weights are at work but going to buy new ones tomorrow). I am zonked!!!! But feel great for getting it done...no way can I eat back all my calories today...more for tomorrow!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Orion, great job in the double exercise....

Are you going to have any rest days from RI30? The video says 5 to 6 days a week. I think I would like to stick with 6 and continue to supplement with the ellpitical. I don't think it's super hard. However, it's a great overall quick workout.

Peace out :flowerforyou: