Boy Parts & Girl Parts

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    we use the correct terms

which I really honestly regret at this point.

They are they're favorite words.

My daughter was the same when she learned that her little brother had a penis. She would run around yelling "Nenis! Nenis!" during his diaper changes and the more we tried to get her to stop, the more she'd say it. So we decided to ignore her and she stopped.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it is a bit odd

being in public and my son loudly complaining "mommy my penis hurts" and then daughter repeating it.

kids...

:laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    it is a bit odd

being in public and my son loudly complaining "mommy my penis hurts" and then daughter repeating it.

kids...

Right. I guess this was my sentiment. He is aware of the terms and he is also aware that we talk about privates at home and not out in public (ie shouting at a store, etc) but that if he needs to tell me something he can use the terms like wee wee or whoo haw, noo noo, lol whatever so that it is a bit more discreet.,..

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
    \

Whcih is why the term "Bathroom words" is starting to work. I told them that there was no need for people to use those words in daily life, adn that adults do not(for the most part).
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I always used the correct terms with my girls... that way they had the right vocabulary should anything "untoward" happen. Tho, my youngest naturally shortend vagina to "gina" because it was easier for her to say. Also, I never wanted them to feel awkward talking about things.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    it is a bit odd

kids...

Right. I guess this was my sentiment. He is aware of the terms and he is also aware that we talk about privates at home and not out in public (ie shouting at a store, etc) but that if he needs to tell me something he can use the terms like wee wee or whoo haw, noo noo, lol whatever so that it is a bit more discreet.,..

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Who is it a big deal for? Other people, or you? Other people know that kids are kids and that they often yell inappropriate things. It's not really a big deal. My 3 year old LOVES to tell everyone in a store or restaurant about how she just went to the bathroom as she walks back to the table or shopping cart. Sure, it's embarrassing and silly and we try to get her to stop. But, she's a kid and she's proud that she's fully potty trained. It's a huge thing for her. If, at some point, one of my kids yells something about their penis or vagina, so be it. The meaning is the same no matter word they use, it's not like using "pee-pee" or "wee-wee" really makes it any more discreet.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I always used the words "Vagina" and "penis". I hear some words people use and I get confused. I think "What in the world are you talking about?" :laugh:
  • CrzyAte
    CrzyAte Posts: 55
    Options
    My 2 year old girl call it her tuti. I don't want my baby walking around saying "Mom are you going to wash your vavina"? IJS
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :laugh: When I was a kid, my aunt told my cousins a girl has a frog & a boy has a turtle. I don't see any reason to have to tell them it is penis & vagina at that age. I didn't get confused & I'm sure other kids don't.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    We call them "Lady Parts"
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    We say Penis and Vagina. Sometimes Gina if we're being silly. We call breasts, boobies though, only because men and women both have them but, men don't really have 'breasts' (even though they kinda do). So men and women just get lumped into 'boobies'.

When my girls were babies, we called the vagina a Turtle because I heard a funny story once about a friends daughter randomly calling hers a Turtle. But once they were old enough to talk we started to use proper names.

My ex-mother in law who is almost 60 cant say breast or penis. I'm serious. Drives me bonkers.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I taught my daughter with the proper names. . vagina and penis. . . same went for the talk that I had recently regarding her having a menstrual cycle and how men and women produce babies.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: When my middle son was 3 he told his grandma that boys have "normal pee-pees" and girls have "line pee-pees" :laugh:
  • JulieSD
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: When my middle son was 3 he told his grandma that boys have "normal pee-pees" and girls have "line pee-pees" :laugh:

LOLOLOL line pee-pees
  • JulieSD
    Options
    double post

grrrr
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    nobody, not a one, has said what i used to call it - peri (as in katy perry). i have NO FREAKIN IDEA WHY!!! my mom used that with me, i used it with my daughter (who is 10 now and knows vagina and all) but i just about *kitten* my pants whne my daughter came hoem from 1st grade four years ago and was like "i have a new friend. her name is perry" *face palm* her stepdad and i just looked at each ohter and left the room in tears :)
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Call them what they are: Penis. Vagina.

I second this. My daughter is 5 and has a speech impediment - However, she washes her "Regina' every time she bathes.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Call them what they are: Penis. Vagina.

I agree with this. but I also agree with giving the parts a nick name ..I like woo ha
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    When my girls were small I used to call their parts cooties. When they got a little older, like 5ish maybe we were having a conversation about this boy in my daughters preschool that tried to kiss her on the playground. I said "eew, don't kiss boys, boys have cooties!!" She says, "No mama, girls have cooties and boys have pee pee's!"

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Now that my girls are 11 & 12, I just say boys are nasty, LOL.

(sorry, I know this was kinda off topic and no help at all)...unless! You wanna tell him girls have cooties and cooties and kill 2 birds with 1 stone! LOL!!

Oh, and now my girls just call it their "area". :)
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    How about calling them Prince Charles and Camilla..
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd just tell him he's too young to be worried about what's going to control his life one day.