Weird clothes sizes

Help! The good news is that I have been losing weight; the bad news is my body is misproportioned! I am now a 38 inch hip and a 32.75 inch waist! Where do I get flattering clothes and how the heck do I get a smaller waist? This is driving me crazy! I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds and start focusing on building up some muscle. So, really, I am asking for help in two areas - exercise and clothes shopping. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    I have no idea how to help you cause I have the same problem. There's about a 4" difference between my waist and hips. I live in saggy butt pants, just to get them to fit in the waist. But I was that way at my heaviest as well.
  • i'm the same!
    except my waist is small and my thighs are biiiiiig so my jeans look really weird on me.
    it's probably just a phase though,keep toning and eating clean and i'm sure you're body will even out.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I still have issues. It is so weird. I lost all my weight. My hips would fit a size 6 but my waist is like size 10, I can fit into a size 8 lol My waist is now catching up to my hips. I think you got to really keep working out and lift weights to get proportions back to normal and of course keep eating well.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    I will be interested in reading replies to your post as I'm having the same problem with body proportions now that I've lost weight!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    buy for your biggest portion then find a good tailor and your clothes will fit great. That's what the experts say to do anyway. And that's what I hope to do when I reach my goal and spend wads on new clothes :)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Even when I had those last 10 pounds off I had problems with proportions. I am wearing size 11 shorts and have no hiney. I can't afford a tailor and suck at sewing. And I'm a DD on top, so it makes it hard to even find a shirt that doesn't look baggy. I'll try the cardio and weights, I guess, and just keep plugging with y healthy lifestyle. Oh, well!