30 day shred - gaining inches

Options
I'm on day 10 of the 30 day shred, but I have been doing level 2 because level 1 was too easy, so I decided I would measure myself again. I have gained an inch on both of my thighs and on my hips. My waist has remained the same. I haven't been overeating at all and I haven't gained weight, either. Does the 30 day shred have this effect on people who are already "lean" with low body fat?? It makes them gain muscle, thus inches, rather than losing inches? I don't think I am going to continue the shred because of this.

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you're not building muscle that fast. The likely culprit is some water retention until your muscles get used to your new form of exercise. It will come back off.
  • severedpsyche
    Options
    Trust me, you're not building muscle that fast. The likely culprit is some water retention until your muscles get used to your new form of exercise. It will come back off.

So I should continue to do the 30 days, in your opinion? I really don't want to get more muscley [if that's a word haha]. I just want to be more fit, lean, and compact...
  • scapez
    Options
    Yep. I finished 30DS and I saw a *little* bit of definition in some places - I was simultaneously doing Zumba and other things, so I'm sure that definition is from a combination of everything I was doing.

A woman would have to do many weeks of serious strength training as well as upping her protein and caloric intake before she would even start to add significant/measurable muscle mass.
  • severedpsyche
    Options
    Yep. I finished 30DS and I saw a *little* bit of definition in some places - I was simultaneously doing Zumba and other things, so I'm sure that definition is from a combination of everything I was doing.

A woman would have to do many weeks of serious strength training as well as upping her protein and caloric intake before she would even start to add significant/measurable muscle mass.

Well my natural body type is a mesomorph, so I actually do put on muscle very very easily and quickly...especially when I haven't done a certain type of exercise in awhile... I was a gymnast for 10 years and had to cut calories because of putting on too much measurable muscle mass for the coaches liking. This is why I'm a little concerned..
  • scapez
    Options
    I still vote for some water retention...but ultimately you'll have to do what you're comfortable with.