When do you workout?

Options
I was told that when working out at night you dont burn as many calories, so i was wondering if you guys believe that a certain time of the day is the best to workout?

Replies

• BArdovino78
    Options
    You should workout whenever you have time during the day whether its when you wake up or after work or anywhere in between. Just get it done and make sure you have energy, that's when you will deliver your best!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I workout during the evening after work through the week. On weekends I go in the morning. That's what works for my schedule. I burn the same if I am running 5 miles in the evening as I would if I was running 5 miles in the morning. same goes for if I am doing weights in the morning vs. evening.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I workout after work in the evenings, that seems when I have the most energy. I tried first thing in the morning and was not able to keep up the pace I was accustomed to
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings too since that is the only time I can but I try to work out in the mornings on the weekends!!! I dont believe the time affects your "burn"!!! Just a difference in your energy level..I guess!!! You gotta do what works out best for you!!! :smile:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I generally run in the afternoon/early evening because 1. I am not a morning person AT ALL and 2. that's when my husband is home to watch our kids. If I do a workout video at home it is usually around lunch time.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I workout first thing in the morning before eating. It works for me because I stay at home during the day with my kids (I work pt evenings) and I take Nexium in the morning and need to wait an hour before I can eat. When it comes down to it though, as long as you exercise is all that counts. I seem to lose easier and faster by doing it my way, but everyone is different and I'm sure plenty of people on here have lost a lot by doing it at night as well.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Some days I workout both morning and evening, other days just one or the other... You have to workout when it's best for you and fits into your day!
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options
    99.9% of the time I work out at night. I find it VERY hard to wake up early. I am trying to switch at least 1 of my runs to the morning. I am not sure if it burns more calories, but it is good to switch it up and keep your body guessing.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I was told that when working out at night you dont burn as many calories, so i was wondering if you guys believe that a certain time of the day is the best to workout?

this is baloney. the only reason you wouldn't burn the same amount of calories at a particular time of the day is because you don't have the energy to put in the same effort. effort is probably the single biggest factor in determining how many calories you burn. with this in mind, here's when you should work out:

1. at a time that works with your schedule. if it doesn't work with your schedule, it will be easier for you to find excuses not to do it. working out at less than full effort is better than not working out at all.

2. IF you have more than one time slot that works in your schedule, then pick the time where YOU have more energy (because you will likely be able to put in more effort at that time). telling you when I work out or when I have more energy is pointless. some folks are morning people; some folks are not. and, besides for me, I know that some mornings I "have it" and some mornings my energy level isn't as great.

3. whenever you exercise, put out max effort and you will do fine. if you half *kitten* it through the workout, then you will get half *kitten* results. its that simple.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Usually anywhere from 7:30pm to 8:30pm is when I start.