First post...and 26 pounds down

Hi everyone. I have been lurking (not creepily, I swear) around the forums for a while and getting a lot of great inspiration. I am feeling pretty good about where I am at in my journey right now, so thought I would post some progress pics.

A little about me, I'm 25 and have struggled with me weight for as long as I can remember. During my 20s, I have fluctuated quite a bit. About 2 years ago I managed to loose 40 pounds, but life, a new job, moving and so many other things got in my way and I gained it all back. This summer I finally decided that I had had enough and that I needed to take control of my life. I started the Optifast program through Kaiser the 1st of September. For me, it just made the most sense because my life is so hectic at the moment, devoting time to cooking nutritiously has been so hard and that has been one of my biggest obstacles. I decided that I needed to learn how to reset my eating habits and my exercise habits. The program included a 2 hour long meeting every week with a great support group, and I am really starting to think that this is going to be a real and lasting change for me. My boyfriend even started doing a modified version of the plan and is losing, too!

Here I am at my highest weight, about 242 in August 2011
P10407931.jpg

And today, at 215.5
photo11.jpg

I still have a ways to go, but am definitely motivated! I'd love to connect with some people!

Replies

• navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Hi everyone. I have been lurking (not creepily, I swear) around the forums for a while and getting a lot of great inspiration. I am feeling pretty good about where I am at in my journey right now, so thought I would post some progress pics.

A little about me, I'm 25 and have struggled with me weight for as long as I can remember. During my 20s, I have fluctuated quite a bit. About 2 years ago I managed to loose 40 pounds, but life, a new job, moving and so many other things got in my way and I gained it all back. This summer I finally decided that I had had enough and that I needed to take control of my life. I started the Optifast program through Kaiser the 1st of September. For me, it just made the most sense because my life is so hectic at the moment, devoting time to cooking nutritiously has been so hard and that has been one of my biggest obstacles. I decided that I needed to learn how to reset my eating habits and my exercise habits. The program included a 2 hour long meeting every week with a great support group, and I am really starting to think that this is going to be a real and lasting change for me. My boyfriend even started doing a modified version of the plan and is losing, too!

Here I am at my highest weight, about 242 in August 2011
    P10407931.jpg

And today, at 215.5
    photo11.jpg

I still have a ways to go, but am definitely motivated! I'd love to connect with some people!

you look great!!
  • You look great! Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    GREAT JOB! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC, KEEP UP THE HARD WORK :)
  • awesome!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Fabulous!!!! Way to go!!!! Major difference in your tummy!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 698 Member
    Congratulations
  • You look great!! Keep up all the hard work
  • jblakes2011
    jblakes2011 Posts: 16 Member
    thanks everyone! this is such a great community :)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    WOW... you should be so proud of yourself!!! You look truly amazing!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Nice job!!! Congrats!!!
  • Great job!! Congratulations on your weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!