I've Hit a Plateau

Options
So i have hit a plateau in my weight loss finally. I have been going through my "lifestyle change" since May and have dropped almost 20 pounds in that time, but for this last month I have finally hit a plateau. I knew it would happen sooner or later but I admit that it sucks. I was just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions on getting over it. I live on a 1200-1400 Calorie limit and exercise about 30 mins 3-4 times a week. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Need your height, weight, goal weight to determine the correct stats.
    Also your diary is not open so replies will only be guesses..

EDIT: Also need your activity level for a normal day -- NOT counting work outs.
    Do you sit at a desk all day or run around lifting heavy objects?
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I will recommend zig zag your diet and change your excercise routine a bit.
    Also Shakeology shake is awesome to brake through a Plateau,
    Good luck!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    look at your sodium and sugar intake? it's hard to know more.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I would step up the cardio. Try Addig 10- 15 minutes moe and add an extra day. That should do the trick. As we loose weight we do not burn as many calories as were doing the same thing. You have to continually step it up!! Good Luck...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    switching up your eating pattern and/or your exercise..one or the other or both, will and can confuse your body...into moving fwd..as your body may have just got use to the fact that your doing the same thing over and over...time for a change maybe? Are you drinking your water? eating enough? and yes, check your sodium intake..are you over? too many carbs vs..a balance of foods? How long have you considered this a plateau?
  • mannygirl
    Options
    I updated some of my info for you all in my signature...i had completely forgot to post it originially (sorry about that).
    Also some were wanting to know:
    I have an office job, so yes i am on my butt for about 8-9 hours a day
    I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, so I have a hard time keeping my sugar levels down from natural sugars.
    I drink only water, coffee and hot tea (with no additives) and i drink it lots of each.
    I also get 8 hours a sleep a night
    I keep my sodium levels on a typical day between 1800 and 2500...everyone in a while i will hit 3000 though.

Reason I know I have hit a plateau is that I have been the same weight for almost a month with no loss of pounds or inches. Thanks

Typical Meals for a day:
    Breakfast: Fiber One 80 Cal cereal (1 cup)- 107 cals
    Skim Milk - 1/2 cup -44 cals

Pick-me up snack: Usually a piece of fruit or a cup of cheerios anywhere from 36 cals- 110 cals

Lunch: Sara Lee 45 Cal Bread - 2 slices- 90 Cals
    Turkey or Ham sandwich meat - 60 cals
    Mayo- 70 cals

Afternoon Snack: Crackers or cheerios - 100-150 cals

Dinner:
    Protein (either Tilapia or chicken breast) 110-150
    Veggies (Asparagus, cucumber, sweet potato (with tablespoon and a hlaf of butter), corn on the cob (with a 1 tablespoon of butter)...usually have one or two of the above

Snack: Sugar free jello 10-40 cals or a slice of carrot cake (175 cals)

I hope this gives a little better insight. Thanks for all your support! :D