Breakfast Road Block

Options
Okay, so I've been doing a this new life change for about three weeks. At first I was all into it, but I just don't seem to have the time to eat filling foods for breakfast.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on what I can grab on the go for breakfast that will fill me up and last me for a bit.

Replies

• lela
    lela Posts: 12
    Options
    Okay, so I've been doing a this new life change for about three weeks. At first I was all into it, but I just don't seem to have the time to eat filling foods for breakfast.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on what I can grab on the go for breakfast that will fill me up and last me for a bit.
  • rollinrose
    rollinrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Slim Fast High Protein Shakes in the morning and that has helped me. I guess the protein in it is supposed to kick the hunger.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I always grab an apple on the way out the door and one of those little oatmeal packs (I make it at work in a cup). If not I eat yogurt or apple sauce... anything to kick start my metabolism. Honestly though, I never started losing weight so steadily as when I started to include breakfast in my diet, no matter how small.
  • missjah0705
    Options
    This isn't super quick, but it's not too bad either, and it might not be extremely on-the go but maybe you could make it work. Or, if anything, this is a good idea for when you have a little more time. I'm sharing it because it's good and seems to fill me up until lunchtime. Mix 1 tbls of honey into 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt, stir in blueberries (fresh or thawed frozen), and then 1/4 cup of Grape-Nuts cereal. It is fairly low cal as well. Also, the instant oatmeal is a good idea too, if it's something you can do. Use plain (or, if you have time, Old Fashioned Oats seemed to fill me up longer), stir in a packet of sweetener (I use Splenda), then dice up a banana or apple (I prefer the banana) and put into oatmeal mixture, and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a few chopped walnuts. Also, pretty low-cal and maybe you can find a way to make it work. Here is an on-the go that has worked for me. Spread peanut butter onto a whole wheat tortilla and put a banana into it and roll it up. I used to do that all the time. It's not as quick as grabbing a can of Slim-Fast but it's still pretty fast. The breakfast Lean Pockets aren't bad either.
  • lela
    Options
    Yeah before I started to diet, I never ate breakfast M-F..because I just would forget....or not have time....thank you for the thoughts......
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    How about a couple hard boiled eggs, I boil 12 at a time, and keep handy in fridge, to keep you full you need protein
  • lela
    Options
    What great ideas!! Thank you so much! I like them & am going to give them all a shot!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Protein shakes are fantasic if you don't have time. So are protein bars. I personally eat Egg Beaters, 1 slice of low fat cheese and one piece of whole wheat toast every morning and it sticks with me.
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    I keep the Mission Carb Balance flour tortillas on hand. (80 calories)

I "pan fry" a whole package of turkey bacon at a time and keep it in a ziploc bag in the fridge, and I pre chop iceberg lettuce and keep in tupperware. Just for quick fixes- so I don't go without and then break down to eat fast food because I'm starving. (Well starving mad anyway)

I add two slices of bacon, low fat Mayo and a few grape tomatoes and chopped lettuce.

Just a little work ahead of time and this will give you a quick grap for breakfast/lunch.

I love my BLT in the morning.
  • 3cats75006
    Options
    those are great ideas, I eat oatmeal every morning about 6 am and am starving by 9 so this gives me options.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    i buy the 100% egg whites in a carton and mix up a big batch of eggs with spinach and tomatoes and mushrooms and sometimes even other veggies. I portion them out into 1 cup servings and stick them in the fridge.

you can get some whole wheat pita pockets , warm the eggs and throw it together:bigsmile:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I eat a granola bar, natures valley chewy fruit and nut bars are yummy and very filling they have about 160 calories for 1 whole bar, or special K bar at about 7:30-8:00 and drink lots of water and about 12:00 or so I am ready for lunch. I have made lunch my bigger meal of the day so I am not eating so close to bedtime.