Taste Changed?

Options
It's so weird since I started eating better, my tastes have changed.

Used to love beer battered fish sandwiches, tried to eat one the other day and couldn't stand the grease. Also diet pepsi tastes yucky to me now too :(

And I used to hate dark chocolate, now it is my favorite kind. So weird.

Any of you notice your taste is changing too?

Replies

• cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yes my taste has defintitley changed, i used to drink about 6 cans of coke a day and now i cant stand any at all!
  • warriorsal
    warriorsal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, I never use to like yogurt, but after eating greek yogurt because of how good for me it is, I love it!
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Yes! I actually LIKE yogurt now!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I hated yogart and now cant be without it with a chopped banana which I also hated.... very strange!!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Soda...I haven't had one in 2 months....the other day I took a sip of coke....and it tasted YUCK to me!!!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Soda...I haven't had one in 2 months....the other day I took a sip of coke....and it tasted YUCK to me!!!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 15 years ago I ate horrible.. lots of fast food and my mom's very southerning cooking. Since I've opened myself to more veggies without all the heavy sauces, more varities of fish... and very limited deep fried foods, I find the old way of eating scary. What I used to think was so good is now too greasy, salty and just killing the natural goodness of that food. It took a while to learn that not everything was supposed to be so alterted to a greasy sweet flavor. I've found I appreciate different flavors and textures so much more.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Once I gave up sugar, or cut back on junk food sweets, I don't crave sugar or sweets at all. And I wouldn't be able to control myself around chocolate, but when I do opt for desert these days, I lean towards more fruity type deserts than chocolate based deserts. So yeah, I'm no longer a chocoholic and I pass the dessert cart easily without even looking.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Definitely. For the most part, taste is learned behavior. There will always be some foods you just don't like no matter how hard to try (oatmeal and bananas for me), and some that you love no matter how hard to try not to (Cheetoes and french fries for me).
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!

Mentally we know the results of eating/drinking the bad stuff helping us not enjoy it as much.
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes! I liked anything greasy, fried, cheesy and drenched in some sort of sauce/dressing/topping. I absolutely will not eat like that now. The taste is just horrible. I use a lot less of that stuff and will typically replace it with something spicy so the taste is still intense. I also love my veggies so instead of a salad with a lot of fattening toppings, I will use different types of olives, jalapenos, red onions and other peppers. It is great to see the progression which all contributes to this journey. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou: