High Protein, Low Carb Snacks

Options
Good Morning everyone!!!! I dont mind protien shakes, or bars...but is there any suggestions for High protien snacks? I typically do egg based breakfast, so I need something else to use as a snack...

Any feed back would be great and good luck on your journey!!!

PL :happy:

Replies

• paullynch
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!! I dont mind protien shakes, or bars...but is there any suggestions for High protien snacks? I typically do egg based breakfast, so I need something else to use as a snack...

Any feed back would be great and good luck on your journey!!!

PL :happy:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerky... if you can stomach it.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    you should try to have complex carbs and lean protein at every meal (snack or otherwise). What about almond butter or other nut butter on sprouted grain bread or an array of vegetables with low-fat hummus? Unless there's a specific health-related reason for wanting the protein w/o the carbs, the two together are your best bet for feeling satiated and seeing the lbs go :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    make some Davesteakchewstrips

slow grill some top round steak ....do 3 or 4 medium size steaks...season with garlic salt and pepper...monterey seasoning if you like that but it jacks up the sodium...

let steaks cool after grilling is done
    slice into strips, put in baggie and put in fridge....now you have a lean protein snack with no carbs
  • carla529
    Options
    Blue Diamond Natural Almonds....they are so good!!! :love:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana-my fave!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have a brown rice cake with almond butter and a drop or two of honey. Delicious snack!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    String Cheese
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    What section of the grocery store would you find almond butter? I've never heard of it.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    alomond butter is usually in the Organic section with jams and jellys/honey.
  • paullynch
    Options
    Almond butter...Huh? OK I wll try that, is sounds interesting....The reason for the low carbs, is simply because I am trying to slowly reduce the amount of carbs, I eat quite a bit of them. Thanks for the tips, Turkey Jerky, sounds wierd, but I give it a shot....:wink: