Attn Moms: question of loose skin after child birth

Options
My youngest is five now and I am thinner than I was before I got pregnant, I excercise and do a variety of classes and cardio and some weight lifting at the gym, but I feel like I can not tighten my stomach. I eat right 85percent of the time but It seems like I have extra loose skin from when I was pregnant. I was wonering if anyone has this and what you have done to tone?

No tummy tucks in my future so if it is forever there I will deal after all the kids are definetly worth it!

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If you find out the secret, please share with me :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yup my tummy is a bit flabby as well, i am currently doing 6week 6 pack by jillian Michaels and I am hoping in will tone it down. No tummy tuck in my future either, just hoping it will tone up!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It may just take a while. I have saggy skin too. Not sure exactly how to fix that.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My kangaroo pouch is pretty much gone after doing the 30 Day Shred followed by Ripped in 30! Definitely recommend it to everyone!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, and lots loose skin left, especially below the belly button. I have been able to tighten my abs / mid-section pretty well, especially since I started doing cardio/circuit classes which incorporate whole body strengthening and lots of abs / planks. That skin will never completely go away, but if you keep toning what's underneath, I think you'll be happier with it over time.

No tummy tucks in my future either -- I figure it's a reminder of what I went through becoming a mom!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    My youngest is 3 years old, I am "underweight" according to BMI...and I still have a little extra skin around my belly button that I cannot freaking get rid of! Drives me nuts!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I still have mine and my son is almost 27, so I don't think it's going away anytime soon. I started doing the 30 day shred last week and am hoping that helps, but I have no expectation of it going away completely.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and vitamin e I belive are good for your skin, if you have good healthy skin it will tighten up over time!!
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Same boat, and I'm 15% bf and an advanced trainer, it doesn't seem to get better with actual "weight loss" so I eat for maintenance and work out extra hard, doing basic ab exercises to help build the muscle underneath to fill it out for tone, other than that, aside from time, genetics and keeping water retention at bay there isn't much aside from that but surgery... :(
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My kangaroo pouch is pretty much gone after doing the 30 Day Shred followed by Ripped in 30! Definitely recommend it to everyone!

yes 30 DS! i recommend as well! i just finished it and saw a lot of good results in my mid section! I am continuing with 6 week 6 pack and it seems to be working as well! can't wait to see final results!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    yup my tummy is a bit flabby as well, i am currently doing 6week 6 pack by jillian Michaels and I am hoping in will tone it down. No tummy tuck in my future either, just hoping it will tone up!

Pretty much precisely this!! I have 3 children aged 5 through to 8 months, and I'm just keeping plugging away. honestly, I think a lot of it is genes/ luck/ number of pregnancies/ how much weight you have gained and lost etc. In my case having lost 77lbs from full-term to now, lots of stretch marks etc I think I will never honestly get back to what I could be, but I can definitely make the best of what I have.