Odd question.....

Options
Soon after I have my first son I noticed that I gained weight a little easier...as in 2-3 lbs a year. Then after having my second son, I noticed that I've held on to about 10 'extra' pounds from my pregnancy. So here's the thing...I still only gain about 2-3 lbs a year, and when I try to lose weight it's difficult (isn't that the story of all our lives lol) but I can still lose weight. Then, of course, I fall off the wagon and gain it all back EXCEPT that I can mostly maintain my current weight ( with the 2-3 lb gain in a year) and eat what ever the heck I feel like eating and only gain that 2-3 lbs per year.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can pack back nearly 3000 calories a day and only gain 2-3 lbs in a year, and gaining that much throughout a whole year is really not that big of deal.

So my question is, should I just set my MFP calories too something more attainable for myself (say around 2000 calories/day) because I can eat 3000 or more during the day and do the same things I do everyday ( I don't just sit around, I do clean my house, and look after my two kids, but I don't count these in my daily activity because I have done them for forever and will be doing them for the rest of my life) and apparently almost maintain my weight.

My current stats:
5'5"
148 lbs (and I can mostly maintain this eating like a complete slob)

What do you all think??