how many lbs do you lose?

Options
can someone tell me how many lbs you actually lose eating 1200 calories?? without excercise please?

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    that would depends on the person. What your BMR is and what kinda deficit that would create in your diet.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    This depends on many factors, including the types of food you eat, as well as your height, weight etc.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Have you logged your food around 1200 with no exercise and seen what it said you will be in 5 weeks?!

That would probably be a good indication since everybodys is different depending on current weight, ect.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I can't say because I exercise. But I agree, it will vary from person to person.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It complete depends on the person.. What the starting weight, activity level, eating habits prior to the calorie control all cause dramatic differences. Even then every body responds differently. For me, I lost 20 lbs in 2 months, I'm obese, and my eating habit and activity level before were abysmal.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    im 10 stone 1 atm lost 41lbs so far but i was going to the gym 2 days a week and now cant afford it so wanted to know what it would do just to eat my calories without the workout!
  • lisaswood
    Options
    i have a desk job and sit most of the day. eating the 1200 calories i have lost abot 15 in 2 weaks. i dont do anyexercise yet just my normal daily routine.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    im 10 stone 1 atm lost 41lbs so far but i was going to the gym 2 days a week and now cant afford it so wanted to know what it would do just to eat my calories without the workout!

There are other ways to excercise.

Lots of walking, aerobics at home...

There are lots of dvds, ect that can help. Even youtube videos. :o)
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was going to do the math, but I only know pounds, haha.

I eat slightly less than MFP tells me to, and I rarely exercise unless it's on our Kinect (you don't need a gym to exercise) and I've lost 7lbs in a week. You don't NEED to exercise to lose weight; if you have a deficit in your calorie intake you will lose. It's just healthier to exercise if you can.

So yes, if 1200 is a deficit for you (which is almost certainly is) you will lose weight. I can't tell you how much because I can't do the math and it varies person to person. Hope that helps!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    is the prediction mfp give you for five weeks almost correct? give or take 1lb or 2?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    i have a desk job and sit most of the day. eating the 1200 calories i have lost abot 15 in 2 weaks. i dont do anyexercise yet just my normal daily routine.

first, it is possible to lose weight without exercise. I did for the first 2 1/2 months of my current journey. However, trying to predict how much you could/will lose is difficult. All I can suggest is log your food, stick to your calorie goal, and aim for more natural food and less processed foods. I would recommend aiming for 100-120 grams of carbs and making up the difference mostly in lean protein and some in healthy fats.

second, there are a lot of exercise routines you can do without a gym and without much/any equipment. some ideas are in my workout blog below. hope that you find something in there you like.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Probably not. It's different for everyone because it depends on so many factors. Starting weight, height, age, sex, activitiy level outside of "exercise", overall health ...
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    is the prediction mfp give you for five weeks almost correct? give or take 1lb or 2?

hard to tell. I don't know anyone who has done the exact same thing for 5 weeks to figure it out. also, reality is that most folks' bodies go through stages where they are ready to give up weight and times when they want to hold onto weight....so weightloss isn't necessarily static even if you did the same thing every day. sometimes it is necessary to mix things up. anyway, I ignore that statement on the MFP pages. I can only control how focused I am on what I eat and what activities I do. I can only control how healthy I have chosen to be on any given day. If I keep focus and self-control, the weight loss will eventually follow.
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get a rough estimate of how many calories I burn without exercise. So use the BMR calculator under tools. Subtract 1200 from that number. Multiply that number by 7 (7 days in a week). A pound is 3500 calories. However, it depends on a lot of other factors...exercise, if you eat exactly 1200 every day,etc. It will just give you a very rough estimate.