to those struggling with all the Halloween candy everywhere!

Options
I know I definitely can't resist the temptation, so here's what I do to indulge and still stay within my calorie goals:

each bite-size piece of candy is usually anywhere from 70 - 80 calories. what I do when I'm in class or at work and there are huge candy bowls everywhere is just factor them into my snacks.

for example: the way that I have my eating spaced out throughout the day is breakfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner - snack. and my snacks are anywhere from 50 - 200 calories. so if I know I'm going to be in class from 1 - 5, I'll figure out my post-breakfast and pre-dinner snacks so that they're no bigger than 100 calories, and then I can fit in eating one of the candies per snack time.

that way I don't have to fight to completely resist my cravings AND I don't have to limit myself to one a day. I've been doing this pretty much all month and am still losing weight and not going over my calories!

hopefully this'll work for some of you guys too. :D

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    This is me around this time:

6wYfd.jpg

Had to :D

That is great advice! Planning ahead is always a good thing to do :]
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I'm not struggling with it - it unwraps quite easily.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I like it.

That, or just pretend this really happens:

CandyRazor.jpg
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    Perfect! I, too, just ate two pieces of halloween candy for about 150 cals, counted it, and moved on!
  • mary_kate23
    Options

6wYfd.jpg

i'm like this now, and at Easter too!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

except them damn laughy taffys , have you ever tried to unwrap them. you burn more calories than are in them
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I always struggle when it goes on sale the next day... damn HALF OFF sale!
    :grumble: :grumble:
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

6wYfd.jpg

LMAO!! looveee that blog!
    Options
    Great idea! I like it.

That, or just pretend this really happens:

CandyRazor.jpg

OMG! I remember my dad taking my candy to check for razors -.- he just took all the good stuff!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the normal halloween candy.

If you HAVE to have candy buy a bag of the bite size Hershey Special Dark mix, and only stick with the serving size of 5 mini bars.

200 calories and only 25 mg of sodium.

40 cal per bar and only 6.25 mg per bar.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    - Skip Breakfast
    - Skip Lunch
    - Skip Dinner
    - Eat candy til you hit your calorie intake
    - PROFIT.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I enjoy real teeth, therefore do not eat Laffy Taffy...

except them damn laughy taffys , have you ever tried to unwrap them. you burn more calories than are in them
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    - Skip Breakfast
    - Skip Lunch
    - Skip Dinner
    - PROFIT.

Haha, good plan.
    Options

If you HAVE to have candy buy a bag of the bite size Hershey Special Dark mix, and only stick with the serving size of 5 mini bars.

why shouldn't I eat the normal Halloween candy?
    And yes I enjoy life and all the treats that come along. I eat Halloween candy in October, stuffing and casseroles in November, and all the delicious treats of Christmas in November!

So YES i HAVE to have my candy. Just because I am on a "diet" doesn't mean that I should deny myself the fun of having a treat
  • queen_ofjacks
    Options
    - Skip Breakfast
    - Skip Lunch
    - Skip Dinner
    - PROFIT.

WIN
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    - Skip Breakfast
    - Skip Lunch
    - Skip Dinner
    - PROFIT.

Hahahaha, if only that would work!
  • jocraw66
    Options
    I tell myself all the time, "Just because the Halloween candy is on sale I don't have to buy it."

I find it easy to steer away from it in a social enviroment or in the workplace but if I had it at home I'd eat it until it was gone. Likely in one sitting.
  • chuluotababe
    Options

6wYfd.jpg

Where did you find this picture of me? ;)
    I asked my husband to buy candy that I don't like - anything with chocolate (I know I'm weird), candy corns, black licorice, etc. Instead he buys Airheads Taffy (love!), Sour Straws (one of my FAVORITE candies), strawberry twizzlers (at this point I'm a gonner!). It's sitting on the dining room table just staring at me every time I walk by. As if him eating hot wings and drinking beer and buying Doritos weren't enough to derail me then he does this. Ughhh...
  • foodluver27
    Options

why shouldn't I eat the normal Halloween candy?
    And yes I enjoy life and all the treats that come along. I eat Halloween candy in October, stuffing and casseroles in November, and all the delicious treats of Christmas in November!

So YES i HAVE to have my candy. Just because I am on a "diet" doesn't mean that I should deny myself the fun of having a treat

Ditto to that chica!!! Why deprive yourself of the many great things our country has to offer?! As long as you're not overindulging it is okay to partake in the awesomeness of (tasty) food every once in a while..I know if I didn't I would just break down and turn into an eating tornado and wouldn't stop!....no bueno!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    - Skip Breakfast
    - Skip Lunch
    - Skip Dinner
    - PROFIT.

Hahahaha, if only that would work!

Technically according to the app I have on my phone as long as I eat under my daily amount I should lose weight lol - SOOOO in theory it SHOULD work <3