I lost a stone!!

Options
Ok, so I joined MFP 5 & 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 11lbs after my weigh in today!! However, I started on my own a week before and today is the day that I lost my first stone!! I am soooo happy, never thought I would see the day when I would finally click and be serious about changing my eating habits.

I have also had the best news today that my little brother (he's 32!) is going to propose to his girlfriend of 9 1/2 years on Sunday. They live in Australia and they came to the UK this July and saw me at my heaviest weight (287). I now have an even bigger incentive to lose 6 1/2 stone in time for the wedding, which he hopes will be in their spring next year (around August time).

Will be amazing not to feel embarrassed and avoid having pics taken.
:happy:

Replies

• schaacker
    schaacker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yay! Well done.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My friend, Theresa, passed a stone a couple years ago. Said it was real painful, Had to go to the emergency room.
  • coachvictoriag
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations !! That is spectacular. The energy you have now should be harnessed for every day that is a hard day. Take a video of yourself and the joy you have and you play that back when you feel like it's a struggle. Let me know if you have to ever pull that video out. Congrats!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @Theroaddog I believe she is talking about weight. 1 stone = 14 pounds. :smile: I'm sorry your friend had to go through that awful experience though. :cry:
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wow! fantastic loss hunni, and a great incentive. you can do it. good luckxx
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    My friend, Theresa, passed a stone a couple years ago. Said it was real painful, Had to go to the emergency room.
    [/quote

A stone is a UK weight of 14lbs x

But hope your friend is better now :--)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Well done you..WTG xxxx
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Linnybear1974 that is a fantastic!!! WTG!!!!
  • Linnybear1974
    Options

LOL!!!!!! So funny :laugh:
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    @Theroaddog I believe she is talking about weight. 1 stone = 14 pounds. :smile: I'm sorry your friend had to go through that awful experience though. :cry:

14 lbs? Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!