OK -- Day 1 to the rest of my life???

Options
I have just signed up and so far this site is really easy to use and keep track. Its the keeping track that works but after a while I all ways stop and end up off the wagon eating myself into a bigger size than before.

I guess if I'm going to loose weight and keep loosing it the only way is to get involved, make connections, and be accountable.

Weight watchers worked for me for those reasons but I ran out of money and stopped going to meetings and then stopped keeping track and then started eating..................... You get the picture.

LA Weight Loss was a joke and didn't work at all..... I've got all these bars and didn't loose much of anything.

Exercise.... hmmm.... I seem to be allergic? The only 2 exercises I enjoy are yoga and swimming.... but no matter how much I do I end up so hungry I eat all the calories back and then some............... its that then some.................

So what I'm hoping for from this site? To connect with people, to be a part of the conversations, and to be accountable in some way that won't cost me all my money. Considering I'm unemployed I don't have any money to spend.

I guess I'll drop off the computer -- kids want me to make them some pizza pops - which I make from scratch - and then I'll go for a walk... yep a walk.... if I write it here does that mean I'll do it?

Replies

• kakelly1974
    kakelly1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sent you a friend request.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    this site is great for help with accountability...but its self accountability that is most important and must come first. I recommend reading my will power blog below and completing that exercise.
  • Reretay
    Options
    Welcome Hmalin! I bet this site will keep you motivated.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Friend me if you like...

You're right; it IS a lifestyle change so welcome to day one. :flowerforyou:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Here's a little quote for your consideration:

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” – Kenneth Blanchard
  • vix82vicki
    vix82vicki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome, im like you tried weightwatchers and others and didnt succeed. I have been on mfp for just over a week and found it very good it's amazing the amount of support you get from people which keeps you motivated. Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    Welcome and yes, this IS day 1 of the rest of your life, the motivation you get from the community on this site is amazing!

Friend request sent :smile:
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great words and motivational advice. Its all about getting and being motivated -- There are lots of excuses and lots of distractions, chocolate only being one.

Looking forward to this journey.