WATER WATER WATER

Options
2»

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I agree go Water drink up! I guess people dont have to drink it but its so much better, I rarely drink anything else. I have a 32 oz bottle which I fill 3-4 times a day which is 12-16 cups a day
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I know we are supposed to drink 64 oz of water each day which is eight 8 oz cups

Why do you think you are supposed to drink that much water? Tea/Coffee/Soda/Juice/Milk/Fruit/Veg all contribute to it. You sound like you are only drinking that much pure water as you think you are supposed to? Read the links in this thread!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I know we are supposed to drink 64 oz of water each day which is eight 8 oz cups and since I tend to forget to drink my water most of the time because I would prefer something flavored.

I have a little chart set up on my personal calendar that I carry in my purse.

Something like this...

WATER
    | | | |

And every time I drink a 16 oz bottled water I get two X's! When all 8 are filled I'm done for the day.

headdesk.gif

Read the links that have been posted. It is a myth that you HAVE to drink that much water.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I start the day chugging 24 oz of water before I eat breakfast (tap temperature--not too hot, not too cold.)
    Then, the rest of the day, every time I pee, I fill up my water glass. If I have to pee a 2nd time before I finish the water, I chug what's left right after I hit the potty, and then fill 'er up again.

Believe me, when I start the day with 24 oz of water, that first pee happens pretty early; and. . . well. . . what goes in, must come out. . . so it keeps me pretty damned hydrated!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

headdesk.gif

I see that, and raise you:

2320932_o.gif
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Food that we eat contributes about 20% of our requirements for water as well......and don't forget the beer. lol
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't drink as much as I should, but if you use an iPhone, Waterlogged is a good app to keep track. My fiancee has to drink 1 1/2- 2 times the amount thar people normally should because of kidney problems, and he LOVES that app. He even has it programmed with the amount of water the cups in the house can hold! It can also remind you to drink more.

Just installed it on my phone THANKS hope along with the other ideas I will be hydrated !!!!!

well it seems to be working up to nearly 2.5 L already and its 4pm. Pretty damn good!! got 4 hours till bed still plenty of time to drink the last litre
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I do mostly plain water but with dinner I will use Wyler's light or Crystal light just to have a taste of something
  • dhallam357
    Options
    Correction to my post...because I have cancer it was suggested by my Doctor that I drink 64 oz of water per day (which is 8 -8oz containers) in addition to the diet sodas, coffee ect that I drink. I know for a fact that you can go through life without drinking plain water because I've done it for most of my life.

I was only trying to be helpful with how I remember to drink water because truthfully I don't enjoy just plain water, and at 54 I find it difficult breaking old habits. Most of the time I add Crystal Lite for flavor...but I understand that still counts as water consumption. Water or other liquids are helpful (at least to me) because your belly seems fuller and you do not want to eat as much.

Sorry that I made some of you bump your head multiple times on your desk....and I also appreciate all of the Myth Busters out there!

This is my first week on this website and I think I'll leave the posting to the rest of you since I know nothing about Healthy Living.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I drink when I'm thirsty. Water, coffee, tea even the dreaded evil diet soda... I don't keep track but with fluids coming from food, i'm pretty sure I'm above 64 oz.
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love water and for some reason I'm always thirsty, so I drink a lot. I find I drink more when I drink the type with the sports cap. Anyway, they're 23.7 ounces each (Deer Park or Poland Spring), and I have filled mine up four times today, so that's...about 12 cups of water so far. I'll probably fill it up another 3 times, so that's about 21 cups total. Seems like a lot, but that's all I drink, except for 1 cup of coffee a day and usually green tea in the afternoon.