Had a last minute change in plans need advice on place to ea

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
Things suddenly change, I cant get to my training session tonight and I need a quick idea of where to take my kids for dinner? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like Mongolian BBQ. My kids can pick what they want and I can get what I want (lots of veggies, some meat, and no noodles). Plus I have control of what it's cooked in, unlike most places.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Stay home and cook with them.....homemade ANYTHING has to be better than eating out, you'll spend better time together talking, you'll be teaching them life skills forever, it will be cheaper AND they'll probably eat it all!!! Homemade pizza is a great way to start and a big colourful salad....go all out and make fruit salad for dessert and layer it up in tall glasses with icecream and custard and jelly - just less of the naughty stuff in yours :blushing:
    Have family fun!!!!!!!!
    All the best
    :flowerforyou:
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey you....how are you doing? I have a new ID name. I am going to add you as a friend.

Sometimes Wendy's has the baked potato, chili, salad and chik sandwhiches. A salad with a side of rice or potato, something like that where ever it is you can go.

Good luck!!!!
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Do you have a Panera near you? They have good salads for adults, and the kid's menu is healthier than a burger place. A second choice is maybe Subway?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    a salad bar at a grocery store. Or you can get grilled chicken just about anywhere. I usually pull the bun off to save carbs/calories. Extra water to flush the bad stuff
  • stresco
    Options
    Stay home and cook with them.....homemade ANYTHING has to be better than eating out, you'll spend better time together talking, you'll be teaching them life skills forever, it will be cheaper AND they'll probably eat it all!!! Homemade pizza is a great way to start and a big colourful salad....go all out and make fruit salad for dessert and layer it up in tall glasses with icecream and custard and jelly - just less of the naughty stuff in yours :blushing:
    Have family fun!!!!!!!!
    All the best

You are right, on all accounts but I just dont have the time tonight. Tomorrow I will be grilling Pork Chops outside with them, and on Saturday we will be making turkey Chili together, just tonight is a tough one.
  • stresco
    Options
    Hey you....how are you doing? I have a new ID name. I am going to add you as a friend.

Sometimes Wendy's has the baked potato, chili, salad and chik sandwhiches. A salad with a side of rice or potato, something like that where ever it is you can go.

Good luck!!!!

Im doing good! Glad to see you are back. Havent seen you on since you had trouble with your account. Add me as a friend ASAP.
  • stresco
    Options
    Ok... Heres the plan: going to meet a buddy of mine with his daughter at a Diner about 20 miles from here. They have a huge menu and the head chefs graduated from CIA in Paughkeepsie (my girlfriend works there) so I know the food is pretty good. Thanks for the help guys. Ill post up a picture of my Chili when we make it this weekend. Oh yea, if you are on my friend list, you can see my chili recipe (except for a few secrets) and try it for yourself. ;)
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok... Heres the plan: going to meet a buddy of mine with his daughter at a Diner about 20 miles from here. They have a huge menu and the head chefs graduated from CIA in Paughkeepsie (my girlfriend works there) so I know the food is pretty good. Thanks for the help guys. Ill post up a picture of my Chili when we make it this weekend. Oh yea, if you are on my friend list, you can see my chili recipe (except for a few secrets) and try it for yourself. ;)

Enjoy!!!

Hey....did you say you might do another show someday? Let's support eachother on doing just one more for the road LOL - 2013!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Have family fun!!!!!!!!
    All the best

You are right, on all accounts but I just dont have the time tonight. Tomorrow I will be grilling Pork Chops outside with them, and on Saturday we will be making turkey Chili together, just tonight is a tough one.

Sorry can't help really...I'm in Australia and I think dining out is quite different! Hope you find somewhere nice and you all have a great time!
    :bigsmile: