I NEED MOTIVATION!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Options
I am need some serious need of motivation... I was on a roll lose lbs like water. Than I hit a huge Platue and can't seem to break it. I've tried going to the gym working with a PT and nothing. The PT was only able to accomplish the lost of inches. He was very surprised to how I had lost no lbs in 3 months. I paid him a lot of money and it was a hug disappointment to me..

I am now trying a new program it's smillar to a military bootcamp. So far I love it, but I just got on the scale yesterday after a long time off the scale and noticed I've broken my platue, but going the wrong way. I gained 3lbs!!!! it could have been because I had just had dinner and I so happen to run in to a scale. So I won't complain to much about it.

With this military boot camp they will track my weight and measurements every 30 days. I just need 15lbs to lose and a lot of toning..

Any recommadations on what I should avoid eating or what I should be eating. Please some one help!!!

Replies

• MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What's up with your food?

Message me, I can help.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Step 1: Throw your scale out the window. Inches lost is WAY more important than that number on the scale.
    Step 2: Everything in moderation :] hit your macros and be consistent
  • HouseTargaryen
    Options
    First, the last few pounds are always the hardest..

My second thought (or rather question), is why are you disappointed in your progress with your PT if you lost inches? That sounds like success to me!! =)

Make sure you drink plenty of water, cut out excess sodium, LOTS of veggies and some fruit.. lean protein.. limit carbs.. Pretty basic.

It should work for ya.. maybe this new bootcamp thing you're doing will help!!

Good luck!!
  • Hartbarney05
    Options
    Drink water!! I hit a plateau and was trying to get the last 2lbs of my goal. I upped my work outs but I also drank more water. That seemed to help =)
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that muscle wieghs more than fat, it's very likely that you could be reaching a point in your weight lose that your workouts are producing more muscle mass.
    If you are looking to tone and achieve a lean body I would suggest focusing on endurance cardio (long distance running/swimming) and stretching or yoga instead of intense boot camps. I can't say for certain but in my experience, most bootcamps like the one you described are meant to build muscle and strength which may not be what your focus should be at this point.

Good luck!! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that muscle wieghs more than fat, it's very likely that you could be reaching a point in your weight lose that your workouts are producing more muscle mass.
    If you are looking to tone and achieve a lean body I would suggest focusing on endurance cardio (long distance running/swimming) and stretching or yoga instead of intense boot camps. I can't say for certain but in my experience, most bootcamps like the one you described are meant to build muscle and strength which may not be what your focus should be at this point.

I would suggest this thread for you to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372233-gaining-muscle-is-not-that-easy
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

Great positive vibe. .Great advice. I only have one criticism. ..muscle does not weigh more than fat.. 1lb of fat an1lb of muscle still = 1lb. .the difference is that muscle is denser and takes up far less room. .
  • mmuzzy1068
    Options
    Great positive vibe. .Great advice. I only have one criticism. ..muscle does not weigh more than fat.. 1lb of fat an1lb of muscle still = 1lb. .the difference is that muscle is denser and takes up far less room. .

Hit that nail on the head....a pound is a pound no matter how you slice it. Again muscle take up less room than fat. Stay focused, you will get there.
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't word that the right way; once you reach a certain point in the weight lose you stop losing as much fat and gain muscle which can make the scale stop going down or start creeping back up. That is the point where you should be looking into the endurance cardio & stretching/yoga to maintain a lean body and keep seeing the scale going down and not bulk with muscle. Unless that is what you are going for.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to tone and achieve a lean body I would suggest focusing on endurance cardio (long distance running/swimming) and stretching or yoga instead of intense boot camps. I can't say for certain but in my experience, most bootcamps like the one you described are meant to build muscle and strength_ which may not be what your focus should be at this point.

I would suggest this thread for you to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372233-gaining-muscle-is-not-that-easy

I agree with sunshine88...
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Throw your scale out the window. Inches lost is WAY more important than that number on the scale.
    Step 2: Everything in moderation :] hit your macros and be consistent

I completely agree with this! I was getting so discouraged because of my scale, so I've decided not to weigh (just yet). Although I don't think I've lost much recently I do have more energy and that is a start. Also, moderation and consistency really are key you have to be able to eat things that you enjoy, don't go overboard and do something that is going to make you want to binge or feel like you are lacking. You can still live life and lose weight and be healthy :)

Don't beat yourself up inches ARE way more important that LBS. I don't care if I stay my current weight as long as I loose inches, get strong, have endurance, and feel great.