why????????

Options
why cant I loose weight? I have been exercising and eating only my allowed calories for 2 weeks now and i cannot loose any weight. I have weighed 142 for 2 weeks now. Could it be because i dont have that much weight to loose or am I doing something wrong. I want to give up because i am not loosing any weight!!!!!! I just want to loose 10 pounds!

Replies

• ONAMISSION
    Options
    why cant I loose weight? I have been exercising and eating only my allowed calories for 2 weeks now and i cannot loose any weight. I have weighed 142 for 2 weeks now. Could it be because i dont have that much weight to loose or am I doing something wrong. I want to give up because i am not loosing any weight!!!!!! I just want to loose 10 pounds!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Ok so first of all what are u eating, Are u eating all your calories???? and working out????
    talk to me
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    No solutions for you, but completely understand tomarrow is my 2 weeks and if that scale has not chnged again i will be discouraged...
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's because you do not have that much to drop.

-Make sure you are eating enough calories, perhaps increasing would help.
    -Eat all exercise calories!
    -Take your measurements as well.
    -Be patient.

:tongue:
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    I am in the same boat!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So frustrating.
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    maybe determined2drop is right its because i dont have that much to loose

i eat not bad just normal stuff, bread, eggs, chicken stuff like that.
    i do drink smoothies once a day but i always stay in my calories.
    i exercise with the 30 day shred and my stationary bike.

maybe i am adding my calories wrong and am actually eating too many

i usually save 50 - 100 of my calories incase i am adding wrong.

i just want to see the scale move a little!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Potential explanations (some of them confirming what's being told above):

- you are at ideal weight (even not to yourself and not to the Hollywood recruiting team)
    - you're not drinking enough watter (from what I read recently)
    - you set your goal to 2lbs/week and might be eating too few cals (for instance if you are not eating your exercise cals)
    - you are around that TOM which leads to watter retention, hence this is not your real weight
    - you are eating late food which is salty, hence retain some watter overnight (my case when I yo-yo on the scale)

Unless you are starving yourself or completely deprive yourself of treats, two weeks is not a long time to endure. I'd propose you try a change of perspective: try seeing this as an opportunity to concentrate on what you eat, so that it's healthy, organic, unprocessed, unsweetened and diverse (as much as this is possible, don't take it to extremes).

This is what I am trying to do. If I clean out my body of toxins, I might clean up my brain and start being happy with being at normal weight, instead of dreaming of Jennifer Anniston's body. If this sounds to you as if I were judging you, than please look at my profile - I am even at a lower weight and still unhappy. So it's more like putting ME to shame in public :).

I also recommend you read the post "topics you might want to read again and again".

My biggest recommendation of all is: try a little longer. If whatever you're doing is the right thing, than I go as far as to say: do this forever :). As in: eating healthy and exercising. It's only the caloric intake that you might wanna up some day :wink: .

Good luck! :flowerforyou: You can! :smile:
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the help.
    I dont think that I am at my ideal weight because this time last year I weighed 135.
    You are probably right about the water though, but I have a bladder disease! My bladder will only hold 1 cup of liquid before i have to pee 3 times. it is very small for some reason. i try to drink the water but if i do i cant leave my house! even without the water i have to pee every 10 minutes it sucks!

my goal is set at one pound a week maybe i should move it to 2

i do eat at night usually a apple or bowl of cereal

also how do you view other peoples profiles
    (i would use my question mark but it is not working for some reason!)
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    click on people's names
    but you can read my goal from my ticker anyway :)

Apple and cereal in the evening are OK, I think. I'm not the proper person to ask there, because I'm trying hard to avoid eating in the evening, but byrdsongsweet is more knowledgeable and says it's OK to eat at night.

As for the watter, sorry. Every rule is adjustable to each person. Find the balance that suits your body.

Readjusting your goal is OK - you have to experiment with it - I just read one thread on it today (and saved it in my blog :))
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    Remember muscle weighs more than fat...watch your measurements as well...they'll be the real indicator. Weight is just a number. Have you had your body fat percentage tested recently. That will tell you if you have a healthy amount of body fat or not. Maybe you need to incorporate some weight training into your exercise routine if you haven't already.
  • skinnybliss
    skinnybliss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium intake. If over the allowed amount, you may be retaining a lot of water.
  • myhoney
    myhoney Posts: 41
    Options
    i was told the first two months your gaining muscle and loosing in. this is hard for us all stay focused. good luck!
  • sjane512
    Options
    A square inch of fat is 1/3 the weight of a square inch of muscle. So, if you are working out, you may be losing fat, but it will not register on your scale because you are gaining muscle. You really need to do measurements (leg, arm, waist, hips, etc) to get a true feel of what's going on or better yet, get a fat analysis done. The last time I lost weight, I went from 40% body to 27% body fat and only lost 9 pounds. I kick myself for being more concerned about the number on the scale because it caused me to quit.
  • lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i'm going to echo slm638's response - muscle does weigh more than fat. last year (the last time i attempted to get in shape) the scale didn't budge for a month, because i had lost a lot of muscle that i was slowly gaining back. so i started keeping track of my measurements, and i lost around 8 inches (bust, waist, hips, thigh, and bicep combined) without the scale moving at all. it was very frustrating because everyone wants the gratification of seeing that number on the scale go down, but for now just pay attention to how your clothes fit and how you're feeling.
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    thanks guys!