Help I need energy!!!!!!!

Options
OK So I sit all day at work. (I do try to get up when possible) When I get home I hit the treadmill, I am on week 6 of c25k. I need my MFPs to help me out here, what can I eat or drink before I run to give my sendentary body a boost of energy to run longer? Also how long before I run should I do this?

Thanks for your help I need to run 25 minutes tomorrow.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Let me know this one.:drinker:
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit about 30 mins before and a big glass of water does it for me.
    I like oranges. They put the extra pep in my step :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I find some protein 1/2 hour before helps me tremendously whether I'm going for a run or a bike ride or water aerobics. I get a much better workout and feel super afterwards. I usually just drink a 100-200 calorie protein drink or a couple of light sargento cheese sticks do the trick too!
  • Mamounette74
    Options
    Orange juice? When I used to compete at highschool for elite volleyball, what gave me the most energy before a game was a fresh orange.
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OK So I sit all day at work. (I do try to get up when possible) When I get home I hit the treadmill, I am on week 6 of c25k. I need my MFPs to help me out here, what can I eat or drink before I run to give my sendentary body a boost of energy to run longer? Also how long before I run should I do this?

Thanks for your help I need to run 25 minutes tomorrow.

I have found that something like GU chomps works for me, I know it's just basically sugar, but it gives me energy to run. I take 4, about 15 minutes prior to running. It's the only thing I've found that gives me energy without making me feel shaky. And no, I'm not promoting/advertising these, there are tons of energy snacks on the market, these are just the ones I personally have tried.

I sit all day at work too, in fact I work out at lunchtime and sometimes it is a struggle to make myself get up and do it. I find I can't eat too much right before a run, upsets my stomach - so something like a small energy snack works well for me.
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I usually eat carbs about an hour before I run, and a mix of carbs and protein about a half hour after. That gives me the energy to push through each workout.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin B12 (promotes energy metabolism) in the morning as well as a multivitamin everyday for the most part it always keeps me energized throughout the day unless I really didnt get enough sleep. I notice a big difference in my energy when I forget my vitamins But taking the vitamin and some of the snacks that other people suggested would probably give you the energy you need
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I will be trying all of them, obviously on different days. Keep the suggestions coming.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I will be trying all of them, obviously on different days. Keep the suggestions coming.

Bump! Thanks for asking, and thank you all for sharing.