You don't look like you need to lose weight!

13»

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Am I the only one who loves to hear this? I've started hearing it pretty frequently, and every time I hear it it makes me smile inside. I know I still have a bit of weight to lose, but it's AWESOME that I'm no longer visibly fat. I can now pass for a healthy weight.

I really think you folks should try to take it in that same way. It's pretty great. :)

I admit I never thought of it that way.... I have always taken it offensively and maybe I should take it as a compliment. Not like what others say is going to make me stop trying to reach my goal! Great. Advice!
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    I don't have the you don't need to lose weight cause I'm a bigger girl...however NO one can ever guess my weight...they think i weigh ALOT less then i actually do... AMAZING what can happen when you wear clothes that actually fit your body...not ones that create muffin top or way to tight to see every roll and crease! lol
  • Well.. based on profile pics only, I would say 70% of folks on MFP don't look like they need to lose weight either! :bigsmile:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I've had that. What alot of people don't understand is while you may look ok with clothes on, when you're naked/bikini/underwear there's NOTHING that can be cleverly disguised, what you see is what you get! lol

^^This! Plus you can be thin/at a healthy weight with a high body fat percentage!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    My parents always tell me that I don't need to lose weight. I know they say it because they love me, and I'm probably perfect in their eyes, but I just wish they'd support my decision. I'm not a healthy weight right now.

I get told that I look about 5 months pregnant, as I hold a lot of my weight around the tummy area. This is absolutely heartbreaking for me, because I would love to have children but having difficulties in that respect right now. So if I could just get rid of this tummy it'd be alright!

I have 35lbs still to lose, and not all that much fat anywhere else other than my hips & tummy, so I'm sure some of it will shift soon!