New here!

Options
Hello :smile: ,

I just had a baby on 12/16/08 and at first I lost 20 pounds when I first got pregnant and of course I gain it and +18 pounds. So Im back to the same weight before pregnancy BUT its not my ideal weight I want to loose at least 40 lbs. So far have been counting my calories and I have gained weight ! Im guessing ts the depo vera shot for birth control so have decided not to keep getting the shot and try another form of birth control! I hope I can loose all the weight so I can feel better about myself and also health!

Replies

• avinubia
    Options
    Hello :smile: ,

I just had a baby on 12/16/08 and at first I lost 20 pounds when I first got pregnant and of course I gain it and +18 pounds. So Im back to the same weight before pregnancy BUT its not my ideal weight I want to loose at least 40 lbs. So far have been counting my calories and I have gained weight ! Im guessing ts the depo vera shot for birth control so have decided not to keep getting the shot and try another form of birth control! I hope I can loose all the weight so I can feel better about myself and also health!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    of course you can!

you are young, so you can get your metabolism going with regular workouts, water, and tracking your calories every day. pretty soon that baby is going to be running around (not soon time wise, but they grow so fast!) and if you stick to it, by then you will be ready for the challenge!

good luck! :flowerforyou: and congrats on your baby!
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Everyone here is friendly and supportive, you should do great.

Good luck and don't forget to ask for help when you need it.

Congrats on you new bundle of joy:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome. you can do it. the people here are great and supportive. the tools are invaluable.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • avinubia
    Options
    Thank you soo much !! I just hope I can do this but Im sure with the support I can make it !
  • vrdz3
    vrdz3 Posts: 1
    Options
    you can do it yes you can !!!! :) thx for telling me about this website it looks great !! tty soon :)
  • grbblystone
    Options
    I had such a horrible experience with Depo. Get off of it now and expect some acne, bloating and absence of a period for a few months. That baby is gorgeous!! Good luck and let me know if you want the full page dissertation on the Depo nightmare that gave me about 30 pounds to lug around!!!

Gina
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the new baby! :flowerforyou: On depo off depo I had no difference in weight. I went off for a year and lost my short term memory from the hormone withdrawal and then started having migraines again and had to go back on. I have bad hormonal migraines so I have to be on BC to control them.:frown: Things will turn around soon! :drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary