what advice would you give your 16yo self?

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Don't drink that 2nd pint of Yukon Jack...you will surely regret it and the result will smell in your car for months.

Participate and try during track practice...natural ability will only get you so far
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Don't drink so much soda, and avoid McDonalds!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Enjoy the metabolisim while you've got it kid.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. Don't whine about short summers or having to go to school. Stay in better shape.
    OH! and don't drive into that lake.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I fond of my current life, if I change events too much it changes who I am. Probably, slow down on the peanut butter cups!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Try not to hate your mom in a year from now because she is going to move you to VA. You will then meet the most wonderful man in the whole world! Life is not what you planned, but it will be an awesome ride!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    He's gay. Help him out of the closet and inform him that his best friend is a VERY good kisser...

So much drama would have been prevented.
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    High School isn't the end all be all of your life, it ends and then life starts and everything changes..... Be what you want and make a plan to get there.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Hug your nephew every chance you get.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Be more outgoing, people think you're a snob when really you're just petrified to talk to them.

Your first husband will cheat on you, but the second one will be amazing. (yes, we get divorced, but it makes us a much better person)

Always be as honest with yourself as possible. Even when you don't like what you see, you can't change anything unless you're honest.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i would tell myself that all the pain and heart break that is on the way will lead u to where i am today..but should I not want to listen to my older somewhat wiser self......buy stock in theis thing called Google when u hear about it...i know what u r thinking... sounds dumb but trust me...GOOGLE
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'd tell myself to put down the effing bag of Cheetos and stop eating at night, or your gonna grow up to look like me. lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Go to college.

Tell ex husband around job search three where he needed to move.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    don't start drinking. and since i was skin and bones back then i'd say go to the gym and put some muscles on you wimp
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    You know the exercises they have you do at PE? Well put forth effort. Actually RUN around the track, and at least TRY to ift the weights. Not doing something won't make it any easier.

And at least try and accomplish something before to get decrepit and senile.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Have your kids early because life is great after 40! Oh yeah stay away from the lady across the street...it ain't all that!
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Hmm...that was when I was a sophomore in high school. I would tell myself to put more effort into my grades and studying.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Don't rush into growing up. There's plenty of time to be an adult.
    Don't fight with your sisters so much, eventually they'll be your rock during difficult times.
    Spend as much time as possible with your dad.... he won't be around much longer.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When you meet a cute boy wearing dog tags at the quarry in three years, don't call him! And certainly don't marry him!

Haha well then I wouldn't have my gorgeous daughter..Or I could tell myself to stay in college. Crap I wouldn't have my daughter then either. Eh, I guess I'd tell myself to just let things play out. I've learned a lot and it's all because of my past!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    braces or not - just give it up - you're going to look like such a nerd in college