What to do / change

Options
I am so frusterated along with many others and i just dont know what to do. I am currently excersizing 6 days a week (i leave the gym dripping wet) for a minimun of 45 minutes. My calorie goal is 1300 and after excersize it could up up to 1800 however i dont eat that much all the time, i come close though. ive switched up my workout ive tried eating different foods but i just cant lose! I lost 10lbs the first month and nothing the second and thats frusterating, anyone have any advice?

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If you're trying that hard, and switching it up, it might be time to see a doctor to make sure you don't have anything medical that's holding you back.

I'm not sure how long this plateau has lasted (if it's just a couple weeks, I'd keep doing what you're doing, but if it's a few months, then you should look into seeing a doc).
  • EmiliaWhite
    Options
    This won't solve the 'scale not budging!!!' issue, but have you been measuring yourself? With that much exercise, you may be really toning up, losing inches, and making progress - just not the kind that you can see on the scale.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    RUN SPRINTS!
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatley i didnt measure myself, but i just read another post and a light bulb went off, my clothes are fitting more comfortable but i thought that was due to the 10# loss before my stall, i bet i am toning up. I am going to measure tonight becuase i have no thought of stopping this journey so i can measure instead of weighing...duh!
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    if ur working out so much, probably your muscles are getting built. Measure yourself around your neck,waist etc. You're probably losing in inches rather than in weight.
    At least this is how it was for me! For over a month, I didn;t lose a pound. I had almost lost interest in calorie counting as I was seeing no results.But then my friends started telling me I look thin.I measured myself and saw that I had actually become thinner :)
    Don't give up. Just try changing your goal a bit maybe.
    Good luck!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Um...you might need a break...your body is use to working out hard..and now its memorized the routine...I myself, change up week to week....more cardio one week, more strength training another...and then a mix on the next ...maybe you need a day to just have a break...I actually lost a few pounds doing this...and now back on track...and about to have a break again so...try that...no harm no foul in trying...just to move the scale..
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    The only other thoughts I can offer beyond the already good advice you've received on this thread is make sure your calorie estimates (both on food and exercise) are accurate. Sometimes people underestimate the portion sizes they're eating and don't log enough calories. MFP and some gym equipment can also often times over estimate your calories burned (although it does sound like you're burning a ton). Measure your portions carefully, ifossible get yourself a heart rate monitor and use that to calculate your calories burned. See how that goes for you.
  • sckrlov
    sckrlov Posts: 74
    Options
    I was having the same problem and it was very frustrating. So I stopped weighing myself weekly and started weighing myself monthly only at my doctors, but I measure myself every week and I keep losing inches. Keep up the hard work!!
  • skoppsr
    Options
    If you aren't already doing this, try measuring and (possibly weighing) foods. It's surprising how wrong our estimates can be. Once you get the hang of it, it's easier to eyeball accurate portions data. Make sure you record absolutely everything you ingest -- ketchup, salad dressing, croutons -- all the little tidbits that add up. One Olive Garden breadstick is 150 cal.
    Now that you've lost weight iniitally, double-check your BMR using the calculator tool to make sure the daily calorie goal is correct. Is your characterization of activity level correct (i.e., active vs. sedentary)? You may need to knock it down one notch.
    I've found that weight loss plateaus are normal for me. I'll lose weight on a steady basis, then despite the same regimen, the weight loss stops and bounces a bit around a certain weight. Then, I begin to lose again. All part of the adjustments the body is making. Just keep at it. Eventually, counting calories does work. Best of Luck!