Calories w/o sugar- help?

Options
I have consistently gone over on my protein and sugar, but come in under on calories and a tiny bit under in fat. Today most of my sugars came from fruit, but I have a hard time coming up with how to find a balance and get my caloris up a bit without going too far over on sugar or protein. Any ideas?

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like adam's no stir creamy peanut butter. 6 g carbs, but only 1g of sugar. It has protein, of course, but you're probably fine going over a little on protein.
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    I just met with a Nutritionist for the first time and she said I needed to add 2-3 fruits to my daily diary. I asked her about all the sugar in them (I'm pre-diabetic) and she said look for the fruit with the most fiber and to maybe eat half a portion of fruit instead of the whole thing. I've said many times in the past 8 weeks that I wish there were a "calorie bar" with nothing else in it. I'm low on calories every single day. Since I'm losing weight and inches, I'm just going to keep on doing it the way I have been. Good luck to you!

Bette
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Since I eat a lot of fruit, I don't ever worry about going over on the sugar.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    Add more fat to your meals in the form of creamy dressings, butter, olive oil, or cheese. If you're under on fat, then it shouldn't be a big deal, and it will give you a good calorie boost. Fresh mozzarella with olive oil (and some balsamic if I can spare it) is an awesome snack, for example. Since fat has 9 calories per gram, a little goes a longer way than protein, when you're under on calories.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Surely Sugar Day is over now?

Time to move on to today/tomorrow's hot topic?