Savings

Options
Here is what I figured I've saved so far this month while going from 272 to 264 so far in October.

Transit: I walk to the train station from work: $15 while giving me 25 minutes of cardio to log on here as exercise.
Bringing Lunch, snacks, tea $100
11 days no drinking $220 (probably more)

that's at least $335 so far this month and the alcohol would probably be larger but I was being conservative at $20 a day for the 11 days. While I wasn't logging it directly I will probably save around $700 a month if I can maintain this.

Replies

• laulau89
    Options
    Thats a great way to look at it!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :)
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Great point! (and good job!)

You need to talk to those people who say they can't afford to be healthy
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the bringing lunch to work savings! I am putting all that money I would spend on high calorie take out food for lunch into the bank! (hopefully for a vacation or something fabulous) Losing weight and bigger bank account rocks!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm saving alot on alcohol too, but I think I'm spending twice as much on food. I've found that buying good food is alot more expensive, but I'll deal with it!

P.S. I haven't given alcohol up completely, just cut it down to weekends! Baby steps, my friend! lol :laugh:
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    That's great! I'm saving alot on alcohol too, but I think I'm spending twice as much on food. I've found that buying good food is alot more expensive, but I'll deal with it!

P.S. I haven't given alcohol up completely, just cut it down to weekends! Baby steps, my friend! lol :laugh:

I agree buying good food is expensive, however I have been learning about the benefits of my freezer. Cook and freeze, buy on sale and stock up. This weeks shopping bill was under $40 for myself. I have so many tins of beans, tomatoes tuna, salmon all bought on sale, plus meats in the freezer all bought on sale that I won't starve. I am fortunate to live in the country and have an organic farm about 20 miles from me that I can buy direct from, plus an almost all organic grocery store to get produce from.

In the last 3 months I could have easily spent at least $400 more on food if I didn't stock up on sale items, and make and freeze at home.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!