Stupid Facebook Friends :/

Options
2»

Replies

• Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a site for your friends. This is a site for those complete strangers who want you to be healthy. We'll always be here for you.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I, too, have started and stopped so many times that none of my FB friends understand. And most of them just don't care about eating healthy or exercising and would make comments on how good the cheeseburger/fries were they just had for lunch...

Most people on this site haven't warmed up to me yet, but I've made a few really good MFP friends. Hang in there, and don't give up. We have to make a lifestyle change and stop dieting. Right? :flowerforyou:
  • adnorri
    adnorri Posts: 20
    Options
    You can do it! This is my new fb. I spend more time here then there nowadays.

me too!!! on facebook there is alot of complaining and extra stuff that im not really all about. i decided i needed to surround myself with people that are going through the same things that i am so that we can help motivate each other rather than just hear myself talk.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I agree with everybody here. MFP is far better than FB not only in terms of getting fit & healthy but also when it comes to real friendship that involves acceptance & belongingness instead of intimidating you just like what FB has. My only reason that I log to FB is to keep up with what is happening to my fiance who is in another country, family & some old friends.
  • ju33
    ju33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to be here more than face book now.. lol

well just wait till you update your profile pic on facebook you'll get loads of comments then :)

Stick with this, we all support each other :)

xxx
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You are right. And I was never into Facebook.

I think the reason your comments are ignored on Facebook are possibly these:

1. People who know you personally are (in my opinion) less likely to comment on your weight loss efforts because they are afraid to support you in case you fail because that will make them uncomfortable in future conversation with you. It could also be that they don't think you can do it. (YOU CAN!) Or it could also be that they are in the same boat and don't have your motivation to do something about it.

2. It is sometimes easier to talk to strangers. We all share your goal. We all have something in common. And there is no judgement about your weight here. If you give up, you don't have to face anybody because you don't know us. And yet, as you can see by the Success Stories, this is the best place to be, because you are less likely to give up when working toward the same goal with the friends you will make here.

3. People on Facebook are just looking to see what their friends are up to. They are not interested in sharing or inputting. They don't go there for support.

Yes you can do this. This is long term. This is life changing. Make friends here. I will be here for a long time. Feel free to friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of 2 things.
    #1- How on the show Criminal Minds, they were chatting it up about how a person wants to feel like others care about every aspect of their life, when in reality, people could care less. (Lol I'm paraphrasing...)
    and
    #2- How "Biggest Loser" couples stay together longer than The Bachelor couples- because obviously their connection is on a deeper level.

hmmm and this reminds me that I watch way too much television. -,-
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I tend to be here more than face book now.. lol

well just wait till you update your profile pic on facebook you'll get loads of comments then :)

Stick with this, we all support each other :)

xxx
    I still talk to my FB friends, but I have posted nothing about my weight loss journey there ... until I posted a new profile pic (the one I am currently using on MFP) and then people started saying you look fabulous!! The people who I am close to alreeady know I am an MFPer, and to the others that say you look great, I just say "Thanks!" and leave it at that.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The biggest diff between Mfp and fb is that here you have people with likeminded goals. We are all here with the same mission and drive that our fb friends don't have. They don't want to commit to improving themselves like Mfp buddies. I've shared the site with a few of them but they just don't care.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use facebook for the "wowza" moments - the first time I posted anything on my weightloss journey was when I lost 40kgs (90+ lbs).... And then every 10 kgs from there I would post a new picture - I am getting great feedback on those - because I am not boring the crap out of my friends with every minute detail of my journey.....

Use MFP - and the fabulous peeps here for your day in day out oxygen fix - and go and stun the rest of your friends occasionally!
  • azcharli
    Options
    I too come here more than I do facebook.. I love this place and the energy from all of the success. I'm hooked. I can't wait until you can show them the new you!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheer squad, I keep my weight loss here because it is welcome. Besides, I remember being on the other side, and dieters are so BORING, and I don't want to bore other people with my stuff.

Keep it here where the support is.

GG
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Like Ellienaz I'm another who only puts the 'big' things on FB. I'll occasionally put struggles on there but most of my posts have nothing to do with weight loss.

My constant stream of weight loss is here. This site was made for it so use it! Post ur big moment on FB and you'll (hopefully) get more of a response.