Workout's For Pregnancy

Options
I was just wondering if anyone can suggest some good workout's for pregnancy? I'm 17 weeks along and had to stop working out for that time because I am somewhat high risk but am starting to feel comfortable enough with the thought of doing some things. I'm not going to go crazy, just some things other than walking cause winter is about to hit and on the really bad day's when I can't take the my 16 month out I'm going to need something to do inside.

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Please check with your doctor first.
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    A friend of mine is due at the end of this month and she's going to be attendin ga Yoga for Pregnant woman session this week, try seeing if they have any thing like that in your area. Her class is 40 dollars (canadian) for unlimited yoga for a month
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few prenatal yoga dvd's out there. Google Yoga during pregnancy or prenatal yoga and check out a few things that catch your eye.

Walking is also great because you can control every aspect....how long you go, how fast or slow, etc.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just found out I'm expecting again, but only 6 weeks along (7 on Monday). My first appointment isn't until 11/1, so until then I'm just plugging along on a modified regime. Not doing it as hard as I was per-pregnancy. Hoping to not be considered high risk because of my age (37) but if your classified as high risk, I'd seriously check with your Doctor first before you do anything.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Please check with your doctor first.

I absolutely did that first and he gave me the go ahead as long as I slowly work my way back into it and don't push myself. I know my limit's and I won't risk anything. :smile: