Week 5 results...down 31 lbs so far.

Options
recesq
recesq Posts: 154 Member
During week 5 I lost another 5 lbs. That's a total of 31 lbs.

It got harder this week.

One day this past week I got light-headed and nauseous and went home early. After 2 hours of not feeling better I decided it was low blood sugar and decided to break the no/low carb way. I ate 20 saltines and 2 slices of cheese. 15 minutes later I felt good again. The next day was weigh-in day at the Dr.'s office. My blood pressure there was 90/68. I told the nurse about what happened the day before. She got the Doc. The doc made me drink a cup of bouillon while they took blood for a complete metabolic profile. 15 minutes later my BP was 112/68 and I felt normal again. The Doc went on to tell me she thinks my BP med is too strong now that I've lost 31 lbs and a lot of water and salt. She cut my dosage in half. She told me that low carbers eventually have to do this and with no carbers she cuts their insulin off the first day and their BP meds in half on the first day. I didn't have enough salt in my body to raise the pressure-that's why she made me drink the boullion. She didn't know I was doing below the 50 gr of carbs a day, at least on most days, so when I told her that she said it makes sense then. She'll let me know if the CMP raises any concerns. I haven't made the appointment for testosterone yet....I'll do that soon though.

Its amazing how having a few carbs ratcheted up my cravings....those crackers and then 2 small flour tortillas the next day started me thinking about chocolate and cookies......I haven't done that since Day 2. I need to focus on no carbs for the next 2-3 days to get it out of my system.

In addition to the scale victory I had another NSV.....I've moved my belt up 4 holes now......I'm thinking I"ll have to change to one of my shorter belts I haven't worn in over 9 months. I like that.

Thanks for everyone's continued support. I don't think I could have stayed on the right track without the encouragement and motivation I get from this site and the people on it.

Continued success to everyone!

J. Galt

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    in the new atkins book, the doctors that updated it recommend that people on low carb diets drink some bouillon every day to make sure they have enough sodium in their diet and to fight that light headedness. even a low sodium bouillon helps. it's something that you might consider to prevent this from happening again. well done on the weightloss.
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    31 pounds in 5 weeks is great :) keep up the good work :)
    my blood pressure is usually always 85-90/50-65 so its usually always low...
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Amazing that the diet affects your need for meds so much! Something to watch out for.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss (both weight and belts... ) !!! I, naturally, have low blood pressure... making sure I eat a healthy intake of cheese daily keeps mine good.
  • ajbjkfjb
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic! I agree, this site is awesome. It sure is helping me! Keep up the great work!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome job J. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!