Any Low-Carbers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• bks1
    bks1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber and I have no issues with it- feel free to add me! :)
  • rknrbnrn
    Options
    I have lost 40 lbs almost a year ago, I have kept it off for a year and now going for 20lbs more. My blood sugar and bood pressure are down and normal levels, as well as my cholesterol, at healthy levels. I'm a nurse that works night shifts and sleep irregularly. I am also very gluten sensitive having a mother an aunt who are celiac sufferers. I believe low carb has increased my stamina and decreased my joint pain, my job is highly physical. It has really changed my life to eat this way...more like a caveman or like my Native American ancestors.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will lose weight eventually, but then you will hit a plateau, and eventually gain a lot more weight back, not a good approach!!
    Just wondering if there are any other low carbers out there that wanted to be friends! :) I need some support and some people who understand my diet plan :)

Thanks! :)

i don rememeber her asking if she should do it , or for any advice on dieting , I remember her asking for others doing it.

people really need to learn to but out
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yeah it works in the beginning... but then you will get frustrated becasue you start gaining the weight back..... you need to eat fiber and whole grains from fruits and vegetables, 100% whole wheat bread... your body needs those vitamins and nutrients... just cut simple carbs out of your diet and you will be fine!!
    Oh i see.....Well, I don't know what to say other than it works for me... so yup lol.

um no other than the veggies and occasional fruit if you like that, no it does not NEED grains
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    yeah it works in the beginning... but then you will get frustrated becasue you start gaining the weight back..... you need to eat fiber and whole grains from fruits and vegetables, 100% whole wheat bread... your body needs those vitamins and nutrients... just cut simple carbs out of your diet and you will be fine!!
    Oh i see.....Well, I don't know what to say other than it works for me... so yup lol.

Obviously we low carbers are eating plenty of vegetables and even fruit too.

There is nothing in grains that you can't get from other foods. Grains are actually found to be inflammatory in nature due to their anti-nutrients called phytates.

So nope, no grains except for some occasional rice for me.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I'm a very low carber, staying in keto all the time. Like any diet, low carb should be approached with a lifestyle change frame of mind. If you do that, you won't gain back the weight, contrary to some silly opinions. I like being able to eat as much meat and fat as I want, and I don't really lament most of my carb loss. I can't have fruit anymore, which sucks a little, but a slice of lemon in my water is still delicious. I eat way more leafy greens now than I ever did. The sad thing about MFP is that there is a lot of low-carb hate here, but some of us are friendly. X3

Add me if you want!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I think people often get confused about low carb diets. Atkins and South Beach (and I'm sure other low carb options) start off with heavy restriction, but in order to keep off the weight, it begins to incorporate healthy carbs. We all need carbs, we don't need grain.
    I recently started cutting carbs and try to keep my net around 60/day. I haven't weighed myself, but I feel SO much better and less bloated.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello...I'm on the low-carb wagon too, have sent you a friend request. Always good to have more people around doing the same thing :-))
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber too. I had gastric bypass in July and low carb is the post surgery diet.
  • borys12
    borys12 Posts: 98
    Options

um no other than the veggies and occasional fruit if you like that, no it does not NEED grains

Fully agree. I do not eat them at all.
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    Well what people need to understand some of us need this type diet, women do responed different than men. Has anyone tried carb cycling?
  • Wattswife
    Wattswife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber and proud!! Friend me if you like. We gotta stick together!!
  • borys12
    borys12 Posts: 98
    Options
    Well what people need to understand some of us need this type diet, women do responed different than men. Has anyone tried carb cycling?

Hi, I read about it, but can't see any reason to cycle them. Once you get rid of them from your diet, you don't need them at all. I mean processed carbs and wheat, I eat fruits of course, and there is enough sugar ( at least for me ). Some days I eat no fruits at all, and nothing bad happens.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Mary E. and I'm a low-carb consumer.
  • gwenneh
    gwenneh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :) I'm a low carber. I have some serious insulin-resistance going on, if I so much as look in the direction of a piece of whole-grain bread my blood sugar goes insane. Low carb works for me, and works well. I had lost 50+ lb. on it while at uni, but then I met my husband and started eating carbs again...so now I have quite a bit to lose.

I'm finding it a bit more difficult this time around as I don't like eating "food science" -- artificial sweeteners, chemically-processed foods, packaged things. With a one-year-old in the house, healthy, fast low-carb meals do take some doing! I have resorted to a few artificially sweetened items but there are studies that say they can impact your blood sugar as well, and I think there's probably some truth to that.

Anyway, hi!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Low carber here! Atkins to be exact. There's a lot of us over on a thread of our own here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/346663-atkins-support-group

Feel free to add me and join us there!
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Hi there,
    Low carber here also. LOVE it. Feel like a totally new person. Feel free to add me or join some of our threads.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers
  • nmg8
    nmg8 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me or join some of our threads.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers

^^This.^^
  • jannabonanza
    Options
    :happy: I'm a low-carber, too. It works great for me. I feel better and my blood sugar is much more stable.